Msg from CIVA President Col Aresti

Old November 24th 03, 05:00 PM
Big G

Default Msg from CIVA President Col Aresti

I regret to announce the passing of Mr. Jose Luis Aresti of Madrid, Spain
on Tuesday, 18 November 2003.

Mr. Aresti was a legend in the sport of aerobatics for his work on the
"Aresti Aerocryptographic System" --- the basis of our sport for many
years. His work on the system began in the late 1950's and eventually it
was approved for use at WAC by CIVA in 1964. The Aresti Catalogue was
used
through the 1987 contest season.

A former President of CIVA and one of its Presidents of Honour until his
death, he was the winner of the FAI Gold Medal for his accomplishments.
He
also did much to support and promote aerobatics in his home country which
led to strong Spanish participation in the early years of the WAC.

My condolences to his family as well as the pilots of Spain who have
benefited so much from his work.

Mike Heuer
President of CIVA

--