Brantly B2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 15th 04, 03:24 PM
Kathryn & Stuart Fields

I currently fly a Safari and have never had the flicker problem that I had
in the Brantly. I do wear a helmet with a visor..

I thought I knew most of the Safari owners. Your moniker and e-mail aren't
familiar... What happened to your Safari??

Stu Fields

"Murphy's law" wrote in message
om...
"Stu & Kathy Fields" wrote in message

One thing I noticed in the Brantly was that the rotor positioned so

close to
the bubble could and did cause a very annoying flicker with the sun at

the
right angle. A hat with a bill would be a must.
I agree with on poster the Brantly I flew was relatively smooth. I

don't
think that they made the prettiest helo tho..More like a horizontal ice
cream cone. I remember a story Ken Brock told me about running out of

power
with a passenger at a density altitude of about 3,500 but he was on a
pinnacle and didn't have all the ground effect he would have liked..

For my
money, if I was located at a place where the density altitude rarely got
above 4,000, I would consider the Brantly because it was so easy to fly.

In any bubble type plexi cabin a some kind of sunvisor is a must to
block sunglare
I had a Rotorway Exec 90, a Safari, have an R22, a Brantly B2, so I
know the difference
The Brantly is kid'a funny looking, but the beauty is in the eye of
the beholder
As the matter of fact, the cone shaped fuselage is an airstream
stabilizer
The flying characteristics must be the main concern in any aircraft

Stu Fields Safari Driver.
"Murphy's law" wrote in message
om...
(Davdirect) wrote in message

I agree with you about watching the tip path, being careful,

approaching from
the right place,etc. however to untrained passengers I could see

where
this
could be a problem, thats all.
Dave
davdirect

The PIC is always responsible for the safety of passengers & the safe
operation of the rotorcraft.
Placard in Brantly : ROTOR MUST BE STOPPED WHILE LOADING AND UNLOADING
PASSENGERS
Even so tip path plane is over 6 feet high, that's all folks