New SPOT 2 device has nice TRACK suspend feature with OK button

Old March 25th 10, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

Default New SPOT 2 device has nice TRACK suspend feature with OK button

operation, I spent some quality time with a SPOT customer service guy,
and got some very interesting info about the new SPOT 2 tracker.

With the old SPOT 1 devices, if you have it in the recommended
tracking mode while flying, but wish to transmit an OK message so your
crew gets an email/text message, you had to turn the unit off, turn it
back on, activate the OK function, wait for it to finish transmitting,
and then wrestle the thing back into track mode - a real PITA.

With the new SPOT2 device, pressing the OK button while in track mode
suspends tracking, sends the OK message, and then resumes track mode -
very nice!!!

So, SPOT users (like KM, for instance) who wish to use track mode but
still send an occasional OK message to their crew can now have their
cake and eat it too - just trade in that old SPOT1 device for a new
shiny SPOT2!

Regards,

Frank (TA).

Old March 26th 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

I thought about making a funny remark about Senior pilots and slow
update rates but I figured I would hold my tongue for once. See ya in
Perry TA.

XF
Lane
Old March 26th 10, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

On Mar 25, 8:46*pm, lanebush wrote:
I thought about making a funny remark about Senior pilots and slow
update rates but I figured I would hold my tongue for once. *See ya in
Perry TA.

XF
Lane

Hey, we seniors may be slow, but we're ........ damn - I forgot what I
was going to say! ;-)

Frank (TA)
Old March 26th 10, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

On Mar 25, 7:28*pm, Frank wrote:
[...]

This was confirmed by RD1 (Rolf Hegele) with his new SPOT2 unit. He
drove around on a practice run with the unit in TRACK mode, and then,
while still in TRACK mode, pressed the OK button once. Then he left
the unit on for a while longer to confirm that it continued in TRACK
mode. To see the track (look quickly, it will go away soon), take a
look at

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...xfs0i1Mnem Ks

The OK hit is about #25 or #26 (hard to tell as RD1 wasn't moving at
the time), but it is clearly visible in the table on the left-hand
side of the page.

This, all by itself, is a really good reason to get a SPOT2 rather
than a SPOT1. I can't wait to get mine.

Regards,

Frank
Old March 26th 10, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...glId=0ZntHJpcG....

The OK hit is about #25 or #26 (hard to tell as RD1 wasn't moving at
the time), but it is clearly visible in the table on the left-hand
side of the page.

This, all by itself, is a really good reason to get a SPOT2 rather
than a SPOT1. *I can't wait to get mine.

Regards,

Frank- Hide quoted text -

Is there a "Deal" for trading in your older unit?
Old March 26th 10, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

On Mar 26, 10:22*am, Grider Pirate wrote:
On Mar 26, 7:00*am, Frank wrote:

On Mar 25, 7:28*pm, Frank wrote:

[...]

There were some 'upgrade' rebates floating around for a while, but I
don't see any references to them anymore on the SPOT site (http://
www.findmespot.com). My plan is to sell my old one on ebay ;-).

Frank (TA)
Old March 27th 10, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
howdy

On Mar 26, 7:00*am, Frank wrote:

On Mar 25, 7:28*pm, Frank wrote:

[...]

Howdy Gents,

http://www.findmespot.com/upgrade/index.php?cid=207

Should be what you're looking for
Old March 27th 10, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

the new SPOT II is finally back in stock after long delays with their
software and hardware problems.
these are here now if anyone is looking for immed
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.comiate
delivery
thanks
tim