Signing off....

Old February 23rd 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Signing off....

I tried using filters but between the crap about Belfort and the BS over
9/11, RAP have degenerated into a slush pile of garbage. I spent the last
couple of log-ins searching for the pearls, but the muck is just
overwhelming.

I'll come back in a couple weeks and take another look. Not that I really
expect anyone is going to miss me, but I just had to say out loud what I
think lots of others are thinking. I'm just a wimp, I suppose.

==

Jay H., you've got my email address. If you happen to remember me when the
crap fades away, let me know, please.

Meanwhile....., I'm going flying.

Regrets,

Casey

Old February 23rd 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Casey Wilson N2310D @gmail.com wrote:

I'll come back in a couple weeks and take another look. Not that I really
expect anyone is going to miss me, but I just had to say out loud what I
think lots of others are thinking. I'm just a wimp, I suppose.

You realize that by publicly announcing your departure you have played
right into these spammers' hands? Anyone looking to take down a newsgroup
by posting nonsense loves posts like yours. Ignoring and filtering is what
****es them off.

You really can create one or more filters to clean 90% of the garbage.
Start by deleting any post cross-posted to more than two newsgroups. You
might catch an occasional well-meaning thread, but it will get rid of all
the 9/11 stuff.

--
Peter
Old February 23rd 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com wrote in message
[...]
I'll come back in a couple weeks and take another look. Not that I really
expect anyone is going to miss me, but I just had to say out loud what I
think lots of others are thinking. I'm just a wimp, I suppose.

Yup, you are.

Even with Outlook Express (not known for its robust message filtering), I
can easily ignore all the threads started by the Belfor, "TRUTH", and
Skylune idiots. Takes me all of a couple of seconds per thread.

Now, why we have *other* idiots here who insist on feeding the trolls, I
don't know. I could understand if it were just the people from the
cross-posted newsgroups, but some of the responders are from this newsgroup.
However, even with the suckers taking the bait, the newsgroup is still quite
easy to follow.

I'm not convinced that the trolls design is to "take down a newsgroup" (I
think they are just attention-starved babies), but I'll agree with Peter R.
that if that IS the goal, posting that you're leaving certainly just
encourages the trolls.

Pete

Old February 23rd 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Casey Wilson" wrote)
I tried using filters but between the crap about Belfort and the BS over
9/11, RAP have degenerated into a slush pile of garbage. I spent the last
couple of log-ins searching for the pearls, but the muck is just
overwhelming.

I'll come back in a couple weeks and take another look. Not that I really
expect anyone is going to miss me, but I just had to say out loud what I
think lots of others are thinking. I'm just a wimp, I suppose.

I have a "Mark Conversation as Read" button that I click quite a bit in
(Outlook Express 6.0).

The entire thread gets marked when I click the button. Works great!

Montblack

Old February 23rd 06, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:

I have a "Mark Conversation as Read" button that I click quite a bit in
(Outlook Express 6.0).

The entire thread gets marked when I click the button. Works great!

The "K" button does the same in Thunderbird, as does the "I" in Agent.

I have personally responded to the trolls. I should know better.
Please accept my apologies, I won't do it again.

Perhaps we pilots can ignore their threads?
Old February 23rd 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 01:52:09 GMT, "Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com
wrote in dz8Lf.36918$dO2.26586@trnddc07::

between the crap about Belfort and the BS over
9/11, RAP have degenerated into a slush pile of garbage.

You are not powerless to improve the signal to noise ratio on this
newsgroup. Consider posting some new articles with appropriate
subjects you find interesting.
Old February 23rd 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter Duniho" wrote

Even with Outlook Express (not known for its robust message filtering), I
can easily ignore all the threads started by the Belfor, "TRUTH", and
Skylune idiots. Takes me all of a couple of seconds per thread.

Yep, I wish OE had more possiblities for filtering. My favorite way (other
than filtering) is to have a "mark conversation read" button, and use it on
crap like that.

Now, why we have *other* idiots here who insist on feeding the trolls, I
don't know. I could understand if it were just the people from the
cross-posted newsgroups, but some of the responders are from this

newsgroup.

Yep, that is beyond me, too. Can't they see that their lack of self control
is detrimental?
--
Jim in NC

Old February 23rd 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Every village has an idiot. In the village of RAP we have a couple.
Just ignore them.

The Monk

Old February 25th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Well thank you RM, just so you know, if I thought you were an idiot,
I'd come right out and tell you. :^)

The Monk

RomeoMike wrote:
Well, I would never call you an idiot, but you supply RAP with more than
your share of OT.

Signing off Greybeard Home Built 7 March 14th 05 03:05 AM
Website Mltry.- Your Information, Customized for You, Family Communication, Chat, Please Help by Visiting and Signing Gues Wolf Naval Aviation 0 January 8th 05 06:16 AM
signing off <51% owner built plane Bob Home Built 1 September 22nd 03 07:10 PM