Is anyone successfully running FS9 & a Radeon 9600 on Windows 98?

Old September 2nd 03, 12:57 PM
Worrybird

Default Is anyone successfully running FS9 & a Radeon 9600 on Windows 98?

Is anyone successfully running FS2004 & a Radeon 9600 on Windows 98?

If you are, then I would know it can be done.

I have tried everything to stop it from freezing up about 30 seconds in to
the flight. At this point, unless I hear otherwise, I would warn everyone
that the ATI Radeon drivers won't run FS9 on Windows 98.

What is truly aggravating is how well it runs FS2002!

Old September 2nd 03, 01:26 PM
Ripa

I have the Radeon 9500Pro/9700 and at one point was for giving up and
selling FS2004. At the "Choose an aircraft" stage it didnt even SHOW the
aircraft in the little box.

I saved as much as I could from my HD and did a complete format of C drive.I
then reloaded everything as carefully as I could. Something told me not to
load DirectX9b so I didnt.

I then loaded FS2002 and it was of course brilliant.
Then I loaded FS2004 and its own DirectX.

Then I used the troubleshooting thingy and it took me to the updated drivers
page for the Radeon family.

Frame rates varied between 20 and 38 so I locked them at 30.

It was a lot of work but it payed off for me.

Hope this helps. Ripa/Scotland

hlink.net...

Old September 3rd 03, 11:58 AM
Derek

"Worrybird" wrote in
hlink.net:

Is anyone successfully running FS2004 & a Radeon 9600 on Windows 98?

If you are, then I would know it can be done.

Yes, p4 2G, 512 ram, win98se, ati 9600 cat 3.5. Too many horror stories
about the cat 3.6's for me to want to "upgrade". I get the flashing when
pulling up the menu's but thats it, no crashes (only bad landings .
Frames stay locked on 20 fps even with add on scenery, aircraft, and real
world weather. My settings are backed down a bit, medium to high. I have
AA turned on. Try a different driver version, otherwise I don't know why
your card will not work.

Derek

Old September 5th 03, 12:02 AM
Worrybird

Thanks Derek,

Lucky me.. the only one. I tried all the drivers, no joy. Stuck in an
FX5900 with the new drivers and zoom.. no problems.

Norm

"Derek" wrote in message
"Worrybird" wrote in
hlink.net: