objects near hanger doors at Groom Lake

Old May 21st 04, 08:53 PM
miso

Default objects near hanger doors at Groom Lake

http://www.lazygranch.com/images/a51.../hangzoom2.jpg
http://www.lazygranch.com/images/a51...angzoom2gg.jpg

Any clues about what these objects are between the hanger doors at
Groom Lake. They look like "planes on a stick".

As a side note, this F117a
http://www.lazygranch.com/images/a51.../blackjet1.jpg
eventually went in the open hanger door.
Old May 21st 04, 09:24 PM
JDupre5762

http://www.lazygranch.com/images/a51.../hangzoom2.jpg
http://www.lazygranch.com/images/a51...angzoom2gg.jpg

Any clues about what these objects are between the hanger doors at
Groom Lake. They look like "planes on a stick".

I think they were radar simulators used to measure the radar signature of
different aircraft or configurations.

John Dupre'
Old May 22nd 04, 01:11 PM
miso

One other thing is that later in the day one of the mystery objects
was removed.
http://www.lazygranch.com/images/a51.../hangzoom6.jpg

These radar signature models are measured on pylons, so are you
assuming they were leaned against the hangers?

BTW, I'm betting the object in the left hanger is a predator, parked
with it's rear towards the door.

Old May 22nd 04, 05:09 PM
Ron

Looks to me like a 117 in that first open hangar

Ron
Tanker 65, C-54E (DC-4)
Silver City Tanker Base

Old May 23rd 04, 08:59 PM
miso

You could be right. Things get a bit curved over the distance, so I
was seeing the rounded front of a predator, but the size is wrong.
Take the F117 and blur it a bit and you would get what I photographed.

Incidentally, a F117 eventually went into the hanger on the right.