VNAV placard in DA-40, and pedal adjustment?

Old January 2nd 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roy Smith

Default VNAV placard in DA-40, and pedal adjustment?

There's a cockpit photo of a DA-40 (http://tinyurl.com/yxju4u), there is a
placard just below and to the right of the right-hand MFD. I can't quite
read it, but I think it says "Use of VNAV Is Prohibited". Is that indeed
what it says? And, if so, why?

Second question -- I understand you don't adjust the seat in the DA-40, but
you adjust the ruder pedals. How do they adjust? Do you need to crawl
under the panel, or is there some easy-to-reach control that you can adjust
without having to be a contortionist?
Old January 2nd 07, 09:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Roy,

Do you need to crawl
under the panel, or is there some easy-to-reach control that you can adjust
without having to be a contortionist?

You pull a grip that is within easy reach, then the pedals will release and
slide back and forth. Release the grip and they lock.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old January 2nd 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
BT

the newer upgrades on their web page show an electric switch to move the
pedals fore and aft
or the older pull handle.

BT

Old January 5th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 00:00:31 -0500, Roy Smith wrote:

There's a cockpit photo of a DA-40 (http://tinyurl.com/yxju4u), there is a
placard just below and to the right of the right-hand MFD. I can't quite
read it, but I think it says "Use of VNAV Is Prohibited". Is that indeed
what it says? And, if so, why?

Know less than nothing about a DA-40 or the avionics installed.

But on the aircraft I am familiar with, am pretty sure that the FMS
nav database/operating system + the airframe manufacturer (and
perhaps the FD/AP system) all have to be in formal (as in FAA formal)
agreement before one can fly "VNAV" approach minimums as defined on
the new GPS approach plates.

Please bear in mind I am not an IFR-rated pilot, nor do I play one on
TV.

TC
Old January 14th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dak

On Jan 1, 11:00 pm, Roy Smith wrote:
There's a cockpit photo of a DA-40 (http://tinyurl.com/yxju4u), there is a
placard just below and to the right of the right-hand MFD. I can't quite
read it, but I think it says "Use of VNAV Is Prohibited". Is that indeed
what it says? And, if so, why?

Second question -- I understand you don't adjust the seat in the DA-40, but
you adjust the ruder pedals. How do they adjust? Do you need to crawl
under the panel, or is there some easy-to-reach control that you can adjust
without having to be a contortionist?

The DA40 VNAV restriction (which was the same for all G1000 equipped
aircraft) was removed with a software update in 2005.