Charted Visual Flight Procedures

Old May 6th 05, 02:11 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Antoņio" wrote in message

Correct. Why do you mention it?

For clarity.

Old May 6th 05, 08:34 AM
Antoņio

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Antoņio" wrote in message

Correct. Why do you mention it?

For clarity.

I am sorry but I am not sure of what you are attempting to express. Your
mention of Special VFR being available only in a surface area did not,
in my opinion, logically follow the discussion of my comments (and the
resulting responses) to the following comments made by cfeyeye...

"I believe, when all is said and done, IMC refers to the meterological
conditions where one must operate under IFR, and VMC refers to the
conditions where one may operate under VFR."

I stated:
If the conditions are tecnically IMC one can still operate under
Special VFR which is a VFR operation.

And you responded:
"Special VFR is available only in a surface area."

I do not understand the relevance to your mention of *where* special VFR
was made available. So I ask again (so as not to miss the point of your
post): Why did you mention it?

Antonio

Old May 6th 05, 12:08 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Antoņio" wrote in message

[...]

Because it was not clear that you understood that Special VFR was available
only in a Surface Area. You went on to say that you thought there may be
"specific conditions within class G airspace where IMC allows for VFR
operations", so it was clear that you did not have a proper understanding of
this issue in general.

Old May 6th 05, 02:46 PM

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Antoņio" wrote in message

Errr...as one of the "vast majority" would you clarify for me the
difference? Do you mean that the strict definition of IMC is "less than
VFR" ?

Yes.

From the Pilot/Controller Glossary:

IMC- (See INSTRUMENT METEOROLOGICAL CONDITIONS.)

INSTRUMENT METEOROLOGICAL CONDITIONS- Meteorological conditions expressed in
terms of visibility, distance from cloud, and ceiling less than the minima
specified for visual meteorological conditions.

VMC is not necessarily VFR, and varies with the nature of the IFR operation. In
the case of a visual approach, charted or not VMC means clear of the coulds and
not less than 3 s.m flight visibility.

Old May 6th 05, 03:00 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message ...

VMC is not necessarily VFR, and varies with the nature of the IFR
operation. In
the case of a visual approach, charted or not VMC means clear of the
coulds and
not less than 3 s.m flight visibility.

Where'd you get that idea?

Old May 6th 05, 08:52 PM
Antoņio

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Antoņio" wrote in message

[...]

You left out the "I vaguely recall..." part of the quote but, no biggie,
I see now where you are coming from.

Antonio
Old May 7th 05, 04:55 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Antoņio" wrote in message

You left out the "I vaguely recall..." part of the quote but, no biggie,

I left nothing out of the material I quoted. If you review your message
you'll see that what appears between my quotation marks is exactly what you
wrote.

I see now where you are coming from.

Good.

Old May 7th 05, 08:17 AM
Antoņio

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Antoņio" wrote in message

You left out the "I vaguely recall..." part of the quote but, no biggie,

I left nothing out of the material I quoted. If you review your message
you'll see that what appears between my quotation marks is exactly what you
wrote.

I see now where you are coming from.

Good.

Yawn I think I'm gonna go see what's on the tube...
Old May 8th 05, 02:54 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Antoņio" wrote in message

Yawn I think I'm gonna go see what's on the tube...

I suggest something simple.

Old May 9th 05, 02:29 AM
Antoņio

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Antoņio" wrote in message

Yawn I think I'm gonna go see what's on the tube...

I suggest something simple.

Ahhh..Stephenator! How nice to see you breaking out of
passive-agressive, frustrated unappreciated genius government worker,
I'll show those idiots by going into knowledgeable esoteric semi-troll
mode; to actually form a complete, and unambiguous (though not
uncharacteristic) sentence! ;-)

Antonio