Detained at the whim of the president

Old December 16th 03, 04:14 AM
B2431

From: "George Z. Bush" am
Date: 12/15/2003 5:57 PM Central Standard Time
B2431 wrote:

Date: 12/15/2003 7:48 AM Central Standard Time
In rec.food.cooking Jarg wrote:
Hhahahahahah "Texas Tard" Hahahahahah Did you think that one up

yourself?

Interesting how the left's true believers are incapable of coherent

debate,
and must resort to personal insult. I bet Bush is significantly brighter
than most of these people.

A personal insult? It is a matter of historical fact that Bush said
the world would be a better place if he was dictator. That's not
an insult, its a simple fact.

Please cite a verifiable source.

Your wish is my command, courtesy of Google:

Newsday
Transition of Power: President-Elect Bush Meets With Congressional Leaders on
Capitol Hill
Aired December 18, 2000 - 12:00 p.m. ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE
UPDATED.

FRANK SESNO, CNN ANCHOR: In the nation's capital, it's all about George W.
Bush -- he's here and doing business -- while in state capitals, it's the day
the Electoral College meets and votes. And if all goes as planned, the
electors
will certify Bush's narrow victory in last month's election.

He's already looking forward as he makes the rounds here in the nation's
capital. A key item on his agenda today: meeting congressional leaders.

CNN's Chris Black joins us from Capitol Hill with more now -- Chris.

CHRIS BLACK, CNN CONGRESSIONAL CORRESPONDENT: Frank, President- elect George
W.
Bush came to Capitol Hill today for the first time since the election
intending
to listen to congressional leaders, the bipartisan congressional leadership.
But
he also made it clear to them, in more than two and a half hours of meetings,
that he intends to stand by his tax cut proposal and other planks in his
campaign agenda.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH (R-TX), PRESIDENT-ELECT: I told all four that there were
going to be some times where we don't agree with each other. But that's OK.
If
this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm
the dictator.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

George Z.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Well, if you took that seriously you were probably the only one.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Old December 16th 03, 04:31 AM
Kevin Brooks

From: "George Z. Bush" am
Date: 12/15/2003 5:57 PM Central Standard Time

Date: 12/15/2003 7:48 AM Central Standard Time
[...]

Nothing new here--George has a demonstrated tendancy to stretch things a bit
when it comes to tarring Bush, just as he leans in the other direction to
defend his hero, the former occupant of the White House. It is therefore not
a bit surprising that he would trot out such a weak attempt at twisting
Bush's light humor into a serious statement. He is still in mourning over
the demise of Gore/Lieberman...er, or is that Gore/Dean...uhmmm, maybe
Dean/Gore?

Brooks

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Old December 16th 03, 04:32 AM
George Z. Bush

From: "George Z. Bush" am
Date: 12/15/2003 5:57 PM Central Standard Time

Date: 12/15/2003 7:48 AM Central Standard Time
[...]

If you think that quote was inaccurate, it's your turn to provide a verifiable
source. You didn't ask me to provide only verifiable sources I took
seriously....merely to provide a verifiable source, which I believe I did.
Whether or not I took it seriously has nothing to do with it.

You know the old saying, "be careful what you wish for, you may just get it".
Maybe you just didn't ask the right question.....but that'd be your problem, not
mine.

George Z.

Old December 16th 03, 05:39 AM
B2431

From: "George Z. Bush" am

From: "George Z. Bush"
am
Date: 12/15/2003 5:57 PM Central Standard Time

Date: 12/15/2003 7:48 AM Central Standard Time
In rec.food.cooking Jarg wrote:
Hhahahahahah "Texas Tard" Hahahahahah Did you think that one up
yourself?

snip
[...]

I never said it was inaccurate. I simply implied it was probably intended to be
humourous.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old December 16th 03, 05:54 AM
Michael Williamson

B2431 wrote:

If you think that quote was inaccurate, it's your turn to provide a
verifiable
source. You didn't ask me to provide only verifiable sources I took
seriously....merely to provide a verifiable source, which I believe I did.
Whether or not I took it seriously has nothing to do with it.

I never said it was inaccurate. I simply implied it was probably intended to be
humourous.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Implication is probably beyond his ability to grasp.

Allow me to be more specific. The statement WAS a jest, and it would
take a complete idiot to believe otherwise.

Mike

Old December 16th 03, 12:26 PM
George Z. Bush

From: "George Z. Bush" am

From: "George Z. Bush"
am
Date: 12/15/2003 5:57 PM Central Standard Time

Date: 12/15/2003 7:48 AM Central Standard Time
[...]

And I didn't say anything.....one way or the other, so I don't know what made
you think I took it seriously. It wouldn't have been that you didn't think that
anything existed at all by way of a cite and felt obliged to make light of it
when one turned up, would it? Nah, of course not! You were just making
funnies. Yeah....that must be it. Sure it was.

George Z.

Old December 16th 03, 02:15 PM
Kevin Brooks

From: "George Z. Bush" am

From: "George Z. Bush"
am
Date: 12/15/2003 5:57 PM Central Standard Time

Date: 12/15/2003 7:48 AM Central Standard Time
[...]

One could doubtless find an example of some President making a humorous
reference to space aliens--that does not make it germane to the issue of
whether or not said President actually believes in space aliens. Face it,
Georgie--you were stretching for another opportunity to try and make Bush
look bad, or in this case someone who has the temerity to defend Bush's real
policies which are not reflected by such a humorous remark. You just
stretched too far (again). Kind of like your incorrect assertion recently
that Bush never volunteered for service overseas, which was also a bit of a
stretch to say the least, since he reportedly did volunteer for Palace Alert
duty (
http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/19...5no19_bush.htm).
Which was one hell of a lot more than your hero Clinton ever volunteered
for.

Brooks

George Z.

Old December 16th 03, 05:37 PM
RogerM

None wrote:

I laugh at your nonsense. Just because a so called lease exists doesn't
mean the U.S. government can lay claim to the lands and tenements of another
country. Whether or not the Gitmo irritates Castro or not, the land still
belongs to Cuba and if they want to break the lease, they can. You seem to
be implying that U.S. law extends to Cuba, I assure you, it does not. If
the lease calls for payment in gold, and the U.S. sends a check, then they
are, and have been in breach of contract for years and rightfully, Cuba
could easily evict them and abandon the "lease".

How, exactly could Cuba enforce that eviction notice?

Old December 16th 03, 07:18 PM
Jarg

Humor. Not meant to be taken literally. Surely you knew that?!

Jarg

Old December 16th 03, 09:32 PM
None

You need to get with the program here. By NOT presenting the "check" for
payment, the Cuban government is stating that they no longer recognize the
lease/contract.

"Jarg" wrote in message
I see, so you go to the store, pick up some merchandise, write a check

which
the merchant decides not to cash. By your logic you have not paid and are

thief!

Jarg

"Nik" wrote in message

"The Wolf" wrote in message
On 12/10/2003 10:18 PM, in article

,
"Nik" opined:

And since the good old Fidel took over power in Cuba the US hasn't

paid
rent. One might actually argue that the base is occupied land.

Nik.

Hey asshole, get your facts straight.

The U.S. HAS paid the rent every year. Castro doesn't cash the checks.

Which means that they haven't paid!

Nik.