Asch 82T engine availability?

Old December 18th 04, 09:58 AM
tffy

Default Asch 82T engine availability?

I was curious if anyone knew of availability and the source of the
Russian Asch-82t 14-cylinder radial motors such as those used on the
full-scale FW-190 copy built by some guys in Germany. I'm assuming that
the row of engines they have aren't all rebuilds. (link below) Just
curious, I guess... I heard something about Chinese licensed? copies
still being manufactured, and wanted to see if anyone knows prices or
has some more detailed data.

thanks!

http://www.flugwerk.de/
http://www.airventure.de/FW190/Flug_Werk_Asch82.jpg

Old December 18th 04, 06:30 PM
JDupre5762

I was curious if anyone knew of availability and the source of the
Russian Asch-82t 14-cylinder radial motors such as those used on the
full-scale FW-190 copy built by some guys in Germany. I'm assuming that
the row of engines they have aren't all rebuilds.

http://www.flugwerk.de/
http://www.airventure.de/FW190/Flug_Werk_Asch82.jpg

These are not rebuilds though they do use some original parts. They found
twelve original tail wheel strut assemblies for example. The bulk of the
aircraft is all new production. They did not even have any intact original
aircraft to work from. Two aircraft are still left for sale one short fuselage
model and one long fuselage model that could be made into a Dora or TA 152
replica. At least one aircraft has flown.

Flugwerk ought to be a good source on the Asch 82 engine and there are
companies in CA importing Nanchang CJ 6 aircraft that could probably get one of
these engines too.

John Dupre'
Old December 18th 04, 08:56 PM
tffy

Flugwerk ought to be a good source on the Asch 82 engine and there
are
companies in CA importing Nanchang CJ 6 aircraft that could probably

get one of
these engines too.

Thanks! The question was primarily about the engines themeseleves.
Curuios what company manufactures the new engines. I'll see if the CJ-6
has a different named engine (I.E. Chinese copy)

Old December 19th 04, 01:54 AM
JDupre5762

Thanks! The question was primarily about the engines themeseleves.
Curuios what company manufactures the new engines. I'll see if the CJ-6
has a different named engine (I.E. Chinese copy)

Don't be mistaken. The CJ-6 is much too small an aircraft to take the Asch 82
engine. But if they are being built in China, and I think Flugwerk says they
get theirs from China, then the CJ-6 importers could probably find one.

John Dupre'
Old December 19th 04, 06:59 AM
tffy

Yeah. I checked and figured out that the engines were very different.
(300 vs 1900 hp). Good deal, will look into it. Thanks for all your
help!