Finally Show in the On Line Database 90 Days Later

Old November 27th 05, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Finally Show in the On Line Database 90 Days Later

Wow, that took forever it seemed like to show up in the database! I am
getting ready to go do my Multi Engine & Single Engine Sea, I decided to put
on hold the CFI after looking at Insurance Costs. Wow! It makes me wonder
how many CFI's out there don't have Insurance becuse of the costs.

DOI :08/26/2005
Certificate:COMMERCIAL PILOT

Rating(s):

COMMERCIAL PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Old November 27th 05, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Y'All,
I am the only instructor at my FBO who has enough to make it worth while to
carry insurance. There are few if any law suits against instructors because
lawyers go after the money. Now
I pay S2000 for the non-owned aircraft hull insurance and liabiity.

Just this month my costs of certification and materials was over $1200.
Last year I made a profit of $4630. That is the most I have made as a
profit after expenses in 36 years. My wife is satisfied if I break better
than even one out of every three years as required by the IRS. Breaking
even in a hobby is about as good as it gets.
Gene Whitt

Old November 27th 05, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Gene Whitt wrote:
Y'All,
I am the only instructor at my FBO who has enough to make it worth while to
carry insurance. There are few if any law suits against instructors because
lawyers go after the money.

That is true of youngsters who instruct. But, we retired pilots with
some fair amount of assets are quite attractive to lawyers.

I wouldn't think of instructing in my circumstances unless I was covered
by a $10 million instructor liability policy. That ain't likely to
happen. ;-)

Old November 27th 05, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Gene Whitt wrote:
Y'All,
I am the only instructor at my FBO who has enough to make it worth while to
carry insurance. There are few if any law suits against instructors because
lawyers go after the money. Now
I pay S2000 for the non-owned aircraft hull insurance and liabiity.

Just this month my costs of certification and materials was over $1200.
Last year I made a profit of $4630. That is the most I have made as a
profit after expenses in 36 years. My wife is satisfied if I break better
than even one out of every three years as required by the IRS. Breaking
even in a hobby is about as good as it gets.
Gene Whitt

If you are breaking even ... it isn't a hobby! :-)

It sure sounds like a good hobby though. :-)

Matt
Old November 27th 05, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

This One https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airm...ry/default.asp

"John Doe" wrote in message
ink.net...
What database?

Old November 27th 05, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message
Wow, that took forever it seemed like to show up in the database! I am
getting ready to go do my Multi Engine & Single Engine Sea, I decided to
put
on hold the CFI after looking at Insurance Costs. Wow! It makes me wonder
how many CFI's out there don't have Insurance becuse of the costs.

DOI :08/26/2005
Certificate:COMMERCIAL PILOT

Rating(s):

COMMERCIAL PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Just make sure you don't get an entry in the NTSB database.

I think the quote is
"Don't worry about whether you live or die but rather how dumb you will look
in the accident report".

Happy landings,

Why was the Fokker D VII A Good Plane? Matthew G. Saroff Military Aviation 111 May 4th 04 05:34 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Why did Britain win the BoB? Grantland Military Aviation 79 October 15th 03 03:34 PM
U.S. Troops, Aircraft a Hit at Moscow Air Show Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 August 28th 03 10:04 PM