UH=1

Old May 13th 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default UH=1

The rear transmission support on a UH-1, is this one support mostly for the
twisting action of translational lift ? Or is it more of a vibration or
shock unit. As it is only held in by (8) -3 bolts it hard to think of any
real support.

Old May 14th 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

The transmission is held in the airframe with what we called a Lift
Link.(Army Talk) Bell had a different name for it. The Lift Link is attached
at the bottom of the transmission and down to the airframe. To my knowledge
all of the Uh1's and Ah1G's used the same method.

If memory serves me (retired 30 years ago) we called the mounts "Lord
Mounts" if that is correct the mounts are hardly more than devices to keep
the transmission sort of dynamically aligned to the short shaft..If the
devices was old they did allow some vertical vibration back to the airframe
in flight and a lot of lateral vibration at low rotor RPM at a hover.

--
Art Cline | CW3 Retired | US Army |Senior Aviator | Combat Wounded
Win xp Pro | DW 7000 | Maxwellsatellite.com Tripod | Southwind 35P