King IFR course

Old June 15th 05, 10:38 AM
laurent

Default King IFR course

Hello to all,

Just moved to the states and need to get the IFR test to be able to qualify for a conversion of my license.

I was wondering if anybody just finish his/her and would like to sell me a copy of the king course on DVD computer

Thanks

Old June 15th 05, 02:44 PM
Mitty

Both the King and the Sporty's courses come up on eBay fairly often, though more
commonly the VHS or CDROM versions. Expect to pay maybe 60-80% of new price and
to sell at the same price when you're done with the course.

Old June 16th 05, 03:16 AM
Stubby

Mitty wrote:
Both the King and the Sporty's courses come up on eBay fairly often,
though more commonly the VHS or CDROM versions. Expect to pay maybe
60-80% of new price and to sell at the same price when you're done with
the course.

On 6/15/2005 4:38 AM, laurent wrote the following:

Hello to all,

Just moved to the states and need to get the IFR test to be able to
qualify for a conversion of my license.

I was wondering if anybody just finish his/her and would like to sell
me a copy of the king course on DVD computer

Thanks

King said they will give me an $89 credit for my (returned) tapes if I
purchase a DVD version of the IFR Course. The advised me to keep the
tape version of "IFR with Confidence" because important parts were left
out when they reduced it down to 1 DVD!
Old June 19th 05, 02:39 AM
Michael R

Sporty's hasn't sold VHS courses for several years, so any of those on Ebay
would be way out of date. I think they still give away their volume one for
free, so you can at least get that part current.

Old June 20th 05, 02:12 AM

go to www.faatest.com and check out the ifr (and maybe the private
pilot) groundschool. ridiculously cheap ($~30) and should be fine for
what you need to know.

--Don

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 05:38:46 -0400, "laurent"
wrote:

Hello to all,

Just moved to the states and need to get the IFR test to be able to qualify for a conversion of my license.

I was wondering if anybody just finish his/her and would like to sell me a copy of the king course on DVD computer

Thanks

Don Byrer
Electronics Technician/Friendly but Sarcastic Pilot
FAA Airways Facilites/Tech Ops, RADAR/Data/Comm @ CLE
Amateur Radio KJ5KB
Instrument Pilot Commercial Student
PP-ASEL 30 Jan 2005 "-IA" 25 Mar 2005