"Pentagon Wants Kill Switch for Planes"

Old June 13th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default "Pentagon Wants Kill Switch for Planes"

"Pentagon Wants Kill Switch for Planes"
By Noah Shachtman

"The Pentagon's non-lethal weapons division is looking for technologies
that could "disable" aircraft, before they can take off from a runway -- or
block the planes from flying over a given city of stretch of land.
[...]
it would like arms-makers to come up with a way to "safely divert an
aircraft in the air or stop and/or disable an aircraft on the ground." And
no, shooting the thing with a missile doesn't count."

Complete article (which includes a link to the request for proposal) here":

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/0...ntagons-n.html

I wonder how they'll disable gliders, sailboats, and rowboats?
Old June 13th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message .. .
"Pentagon Wants Kill Switch for Planes"
By Noah Shachtman

"The Pentagon's non-lethal weapons division is looking for technologies
that could "disable" aircraft, before they can take off from a runway -- or
block the planes from flying over a given city of stretch of land.
[...]
it would like arms-makers to come up with a way to "safely divert an
aircraft in the air or stop and/or disable an aircraft on the ground." And
no, shooting the thing with a missile doesn't count."

Complete article (which includes a link to the request for proposal) here":

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/0...ntagons-n.html

I wonder how they'll disable gliders, sailboats, and rowboats?

They'll suck all the air from the atmosphere...
Old June 13th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

Jim Logajan wrote:
"Pentagon Wants Kill Switch for Planes"
By Noah Shachtman

Any chance US pilots can get kill switches for the Pentagon media ?
Old June 13th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jun 12, 4:02*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
"Pentagon Wants Kill Switch for Planes"
By Noah Shachtman

"The Pentagon's non-lethal weapons division is looking for technologies
that could "disable" aircraft, before they can take off from a runway -- or
block the planes from flying over a given city of stretch of land.
[...]
it would like arms-makers to come up with a way to "safely divert an
aircraft in the air or stop and/or disable an aircraft on the ground." And
no, shooting the thing with a missile doesn't count."

Jesus Christ. Its not bad enough that we have F-16's chasing us around
for fun. Now they're going to shutdown our engines as we fly the
family to grandma's house. Is it time for a revolution yet?

-Robert
Old June 14th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Robert M. Gary writes:

Jesus Christ. Its not bad enough that we have F-16's chasing us around
for fun. Now they're going to shutdown our engines as we fly the
family to grandma's house. Is it time for a revolution yet?

All you have to do is vote.
Old June 14th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.religion.asatru,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,alt.fan.notb
Maxwell[_2_]

In article , Mxsmanic
says...

Robert M. Gary writes:

Jesus Christ. Its not bad enough that we have F-16's chasing us around
for fun. Now they're going to shutdown our engines as we fly the
family to grandma's house. Is it time for a revolution yet?

All you have to do is vote.

The last American whose 'vote' really counted was Lee Harvey Oswald
--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
Old June 14th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default Forged post above

Old June 14th 08, 12:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.religion.asatru,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,alt.fan.notb
Synthetic Networked Android Responsible for Killing and Yardwork

Hail Eris! On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:27:05 -0700, Eris Kallisti Discordia was
laughing at the antics of Maxwell, when they suddenly burst out in tears:
Mxsmanic says...
Robert M. Gary writes:

Jesus Christ. Its not bad enough that we have F-16's chasing us around
for fun. Now they're going to shutdown our engines as we fly the
family to grandma's house. Is it time for a revolution yet?

All you have to do is vote.

The last American whose 'vote' really counted was Lee Harvey Oswald

Well, if you believe the official story, anyway.

PorscheMonkey4Life COOSN-029-06-71069; Lits Slut #16
Butcher Knife Natalia; Gutter Chix0r #17; AUK Psycho & Felon #21
BowTie's Spuriously Accused Pedo Photographer #4; Parrot & Zombie #2
Usenet Ruiner #5; Top Asshole #3; Official Chung Demon
Official Chung Demon; Most Hated Usenetizen of All Time #13
Anonymous Psycho Criminal #18
No holy posting of any kind, to email.
"It can't rain all the time"

"FAILED BULL****BOYS WHOSE CANDY HAS NO RED ON IT! YOU KNOW IT TO BE
TRUE! I LICKED THE RED OFF YOUR CANDY BECAUSE YOU ARE YOUR ILK HAVEN'T
GOT ANY FURY!" -- Gibbered by Johnny in Message-ID:

"Not supporting me is equivalent to forfeiting your own rights." --
John D. Wentzky: Warrior For Your Freedumb! Message-ID:

http://www.runescape.com/
Join my RuneScape clan!
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Holy_Pre...abal/index.php
Full name of clan: Cabal of the Holy International Discordian Internet
And Usenet Terrorist Pretzel

Xander: "I still don't get why we had to come here to get info about a
killer snot monster."
Giles: "Because it's a killer snot monster from outer space. (pause) I
did not say that." -- "Listening to Fear" (87/509), Buffy the Vampire
Slayer
"Actually, I quit. Nobody takes my frock." -- Captain Jack, "The Doctor
Dances" (27.10), Doctor Who

Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle
Trainer of PorchMonkey4Life
http://www.screedbomb.info/porchie/
The MonkeyLJ: http://porchmonkey.livejournal.com/ -- nuked!

8. OK, so who's this "Dev McKinHole", then?

I dunno, some guy named Devon McKinnon of Dawson Creek, allegedly, and
according to the Monkey, a pedophile. However, I wouldn't take that too
seriously. The Monkey keeps changing his mind about who I am, so there's
no reason to think he won't change it about Mr. McKinnon, too.

"I am mentally stable, fool...I am going to be a bishop's wife." -- Sure
you are, Olympiada. MID:

"yes you are definitely retarded. See a neurologist immediate. And if
you don't have monet, blow a neurologist immediately." -- Farky the
Monkey-man to peachy ashie passion. No, no trace of irony in his post.
MID: 4h6xh.802$hH2.233@trnddc02

"I was told there would be cookies."
Cross-Poasters For Goddess!
Remember: Straight people can't help it!
A petition to make the Five-Fingered Hand of Eris
the official symbol for the planet Eris:
http://www.petitiononline.com/ffhoeris/

"If you don't have pedicures AT LEAST every two weeks, don't talk to me.
If you don't floss every night and morning and brush at least twice a
day, don't talk to me. If you don't spend money on you hair and get
great cuts and color, don't talk to me. If you are heavy, don't talk to
me. If you don't shower every morning and take a nice bubble bath every
night, don't talk to me. If you don't have a loved one in your arms,
don't talk to me. If you don't keep an immaculate house, don't talk to
me. If you don't work, don't talk to me." -- Clearly, Martha Vandella
never wants to talk to me, which is for the best, really.
MID: . com

"You're fighting a Furry Giant

"He delivers a long speech about how you shouldn't judge him just because
he's an animal deep down inside and you're all intolerant and dressing up
like an animal in easy-access furry pants doesn't make you a pervert...
you fall asleep halfway through." -- The Kingdom of Loathing

To Whom It May Concern: Michael J. Cranston attorney kook is a stalker.
Old June 14th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.religion.asatru,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,alt.fan.notb
St. Raoul Xemblinosky

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:03:46 GMT, Synthetic Networked Android

Robert M. Gary writes:

Jesus Christ. Its not bad enough that we have F-16's chasing us around
for fun. Now they're going to shutdown our engines as we fly the
family to grandma's house. Is it time for a revolution yet?

All you have to do is vote.

The last American whose 'vote' really counted was Lee Harvey Oswald

Well, if you believe the official story, anyway.

It was really Mick Jagger and me.

---
Behold the .sig file of His AssHoliness, St. Raoul Xemblinosky mhm 15x12
http://www.experiencefestival.com/raoul_xemblinosky
http://memweb.newsguy.com/~shpxurnq
Old June 14th 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.religion.asatru,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,alt.fan.notb
mariposas rand mair fheal

Robert M. Gary writes:

Jesus Christ. Its not bad enough that we have F-16's chasing us around
for fun. Now they're going to shutdown our engines as we fly the
family to grandma's house. Is it time for a revolution yet?

All you have to do is vote.

The last American whose 'vote' really counted was Lee Harvey Oswald

Well, if you believe the official story, anyway.

It was really Mick Jagger and me.

youre just trolling for a sympathy vote

arf meow arf - raggedy ann and andy for president and vice
limp and spineless lint for brains is better yet and nice
then rueing pair of shrub and dick the republican lice
call me desdenova seven seven seven seven seven seven