Sun N Fun - Highs and Lows

Old April 20th 04, 05:32 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Teacherjh" wrote in message
a "union mandate" is not the law.....

A union rule is part of a contract, and has the force of law.

In any case, I find it interesting that Jay so strongly supports unions in

name
of safety.

I read it as he objected to the treatment and mis-coordination. If there is
a rule (which may or may not be safety related) that limits work time
without a break, then it is bad planning if there is no relief driver or no
notification to waiting passengers that there will be a very long wait.
Perhaps a fixed schedule would have been better, as he mentioned there is
not one.

Old April 20th 04, 09:40 PM
Jay Honeck

Tell them you lost your current phone and want to buy a new one.
Ask about the special. Figure out if they will do what you want.

Mary has gone through three phones in the last six months (don't ask).
Verizon ALWAYS has "a special" that you can take advantage of...
;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 20th 04, 09:57 PM
Jay Honeck

I read it as he objected to the treatment and mis-coordination. If there
is
a rule (which may or may not be safety related) that limits work time
without a break, then it is bad planning if there is no relief driver or

no
notification to waiting passengers that there will be a very long wait.
Perhaps a fixed schedule would have been better, as he mentioned there is
not one.

Precisely -- thanks, Pete.

Sun N Fun, so well organized and coordinated in so many ways, really stepped
in it on the Seaplane Base arrangements.

1. The bus pick-up area was so poorly marked, my family literally wandered
around till we found it by accident.
2. There was no posted schedule to or from the Seaplane Base. The old gate
guard nearby just said "the bus comes by every so often..."
3. If the bus driver needed to take a break, fine. But don't pull up to a
tent full of waiting passengers -- most of whom had been waiting over 30
minutes -- unload, and announce "I've got to take my break" and simply drive
away.

Bottom line: I'll bet they get this right next year. SNF is a class
operation, and everything else there was top-notch.

By the way, Jose, I am most assuredly *not* a "union man." I grew up in
cities that were almost literally run by unions (Racine and Kenosha, WI) and
watched in dismay as they drove all the good-paying factory jobs overseas
with their ludicrous work demands.

Of course, that all happened way back in the late 70s, early 80s -- right
when I was first hitting the labor force. I know it's a different world
now, but I will never forgive those guys for reducing (more like
"eliminating") my early job opportunities through their greed and almost
unfathomable laziness.

And I'll bet you ten bucks those guys are probably STILL sitting at the
bars, bitching about how they were "screwed" by the Japanese...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 20th 04, 10:04 PM
Jay Honeck

I have had that for a year now.

You've used "Pilot My-Cast" for a year, and didn't post anything here?

What kinda guy ARE you, anyway?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 21st 04, 12:03 PM
Jay Masino

Jay Honeck wrote:
Tell them you lost your current phone and want to buy a new one.
Ask about the special. Figure out if they will do what you want.

Mary has gone through three phones in the last six months (don't ask).
Verizon ALWAYS has "a special" that you can take advantage of...

Does she get the insurance? I know that we don't, so I'm not sure that
we can just go in and go for a new special.

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old April 21st 04, 01:10 PM
EDR

In article , Jay Masino
wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:
Tell them you lost your current phone and want to buy a new one.
Ask about the special. Figure out if they will do what you want.

Mary has gone through three phones in the last six months (don't ask).
Verizon ALWAYS has "a special" that you can take advantage of...

Does she get the insurance? I know that we don't, so I'm not sure that
we can just go in and go for a new special.

It doesn't matter. It is a better deal than the insurance (I am
dropping my coverage). It does reset your contract, however (starts a
new one, same plan unless you add features).
Old April 21st 04, 02:40 PM
Jay Honeck

Does she get the insurance? I know that we don't, so I'm not sure that
we can just go in and go for a new special.

Nope. :-(

However, Verizon's prices are fluid. You can talk to a sales rep at one
Verizon store, and get an entirely different price for the identical phone
than a different rep just gave you across town.

It's a volatile market, and all the cell phone companies are scrambling for
every nickel. You've just got to be shrewd about negotiating with them,
and you can save yourself a few bucks.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA