Pilot's Political Orientation

Old April 18th 04, 07:27 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message ...

I believe I said that. Let me change that to: the average G/A guy
who flys a small IFR-equipped (with IFR GPS) a 100 hours a
year and often utilizies GPS instrument approach procedures at
small airports (of which there are hundreds now, if not thousands)
doesn't begin to pay for the system.

The average G/A guy who flies a small IFR-equipped (with IFR GPS) airplane
100 hours a year and often utilizes GPS instrument approach procedures at
small airports doesn't begin to put a burden on the system.

Old April 18th 04, 07:32 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message ...

Not since the advent of GPS approaches. Thousands have been
issued for small airports, and those cost just as much as a GPS
approach for Green Bay Interuniversal Skyport.

Well, if you can confidently make that statement, you must know the cost to
create a GPS approach. What is that cost?

Old April 18th 04, 07:49 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Otis Winslow" wrote in message

I would hardly call Libertarians very conservative. While the
free market position could lead one to think that ... the general
approach of us being able to do our own thing as long as we
don't interfere with others exercising that same freedom is a
long way away from the ultra conservative approach. They want
to control our every action and make our moral judgements for
us.

It is liberals that wish to control other people.

Old April 18th 04, 07:52 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Judah" wrote in message

Actually, CJ, you should go back and follow the thread a little more
closely, and maybe read it without your blinders on.

The conservative view presented was that liberals want to take other
people's assets and redistribute them. I responded that conservatives
want to take other people's assets and keep them for themselves. The
response was that conservatives don't want other people's assets, and I

disagree with that completely.

Your disagreement does not make it a false statement.

Old April 18th 04, 08:10 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"BllFs6" wrote in message

Actually for ALL practical purposes....heavy trucks DO ALL
the damage to a properly engineered roadway....

The same is true for heavy aircraft vs little light ones on runways...
I know because I worked in a runway/pavement engineering
group for a few years....

My point exactly. The only difference with regard to the vehicle/highway
versus aircraft/runway comparison is in numbers. If there were no cars we'd
need far fewer multi-lane superhighways in heavily trafficked areas. We'd
still need the same heavy-duty runways if general aviation did not exist.

Old April 18th 04, 08:13 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message

below you state that life begins with conception. How will it then be
posible to terminate the pregnancy without harming (killing) the child?

I don't know. I'm not a doctor. I said a procedure MAY be developed that
terminates a woman's pregnancy without harming the child.

You can only pass this issue with: let life (legally; for the lawyers)
begin (for example) in the 5th week after conception (or any other legal
ways).

Life begins at conception.

Old April 18th 04, 08:13 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message

Well, since same sex marriage does not exist, no, I have no problem with

it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

in Message-ID: .net you
wrote that gays marry.

Yes. What's your point?

Old April 18th 04, 08:18 PM
Judah

Hey come on, now. Cut me a break. You know what I meant!

I was just feeding a troll, anyway!

"Newps" wrote in
:

"Judah" wrote in message
Put it in perspective.

At MOST, the 100-hour per year pilot uses 100 hours of ATC time per
year.

The Airline pilot, who flies back and forth across the country twice a
day, uses 100 hours of ATC time in about a week.

Considering an airline pilot flies 80 hours a month, this is a pretty
neat trick.