Challenger HDR

Old June 21st 11, 06:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

Default Challenger HDR

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P619653456.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	48773
Old June 21st 11, 07:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

On 21/06/2011 18:18, Canuck wrote:

Hmm, not sure about HDR...

--
Moving things in still pictures

Old June 21st 11, 09:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

On 21/06/2011 19:49, ®i©ardo wrote:
On 21/06/2011 18:18, Canuck wrote:

Hmm, not sure about HDR...

Glad it's not just me. I think HDR looks weird. Chacun à son goût, and
all that.

--
Peter
Old June 21st 11, 11:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Ramsman" wrote in message
news
On 21/06/2011 19:49, ®i©ardo wrote:
On 21/06/2011 18:18, Canuck wrote:

Hmm, not sure about HDR...

Glad it's not just me. I think HDR looks weird. Chacun à son goût, and all
that.

--
Peter

Kind of agree, but I'm warming to it.

They - or this one in particular - have a certain 'impressionist' feel to
them. Add a brush-stroke filter to it, tweak the lightning a bit and
before you know it .... the afternoon's gone.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old June 22nd 11, 03:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bill & Ange

looks in rough shape, same with the F-86, both need some TLC

Old June 22nd 11, 06:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
.com...

"Ramsman" wrote in message
news
On 21/06/2011 19:49, ®i©ardo wrote:
On 21/06/2011 18:18, Canuck wrote:

Hmm, not sure about HDR...

Glad it's not just me. I think HDR looks weird. Chacun à son goût, and all
that.

--
Peter

Kind of agree, but I'm warming to it.

They - or this one in particular - have a certain 'impressionist' feel to
them. Add a brush-stroke filter to it, tweak the lightning a bit and
before you know it .... the afternoon's gone.

Hey Dave! YES! That is the setting I used in Photomatix. It is called
"Painterly"....it is the one I like to use most often when creating an HDR
image. It just looks better to me than "Grunge." On the other hand...."Deep
Compressor" is another one which sometimes appeals. It really depends on the
image you start out with and what works with it.

Regards,

Nick

Old June 22nd 11, 06:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

"Bill & Ange" wrote in message ...

looks in rough shape, same with the F-86, both need some TLC

"Canuck" wrote in message

Correct!

All of them need a scrub....that is a given......the CL-13 is in the worst
shape of the lot. The Silver Star needs a bit of touchup too....but not
much. Oddly enough, the Canuck is in pretty good shape. The Voodoo is more
or less OK. A bit of a cleaning and perhaps a touchup here and there and it
would be fine. The Starfighter is more or less in the same boat. Just a bit
of a cleaning and maybe a touchup here and there.

Regards,

Nick

Old June 22nd 11, 07:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

"Canuck" wrote in message

Correct!

All of them need a scrub....that is a given......the CL-13 is in the
worst shape of the lot. The Silver Star needs a bit of touchup
too....but not much. Oddly enough, the Canuck is in pretty good shape.
The Voodoo is more or less OK. A bit of a cleaning and perhaps a touchup
here and there and it would be fine. The Starfighter is more or less in
the same boat. Just a bit of a cleaning and maybe a touchup here and there.

Regards,

Nick

Housekeeping, that's what it's all about.

--
Moving things in still pictures

Old June 22nd 11, 11:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Canuck" wrote in message
"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
.com...

"Ramsman" wrote in message
news
[...]

Well, why not. Photography is more of an art form than we think, I can
understand your work a lot more than a lot of the "art" that my government
has paid a lot of money for.

Wouldn't want to see _every_ photo processed this way, just enough to see
the good ones stand out.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old June 26th 11, 03:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
.com...

Hey Dave! YES! That is the setting I used in Photomatix. It is called
"Painterly"....it is the one I like to use most often when creating an HDR
image. It just looks better to me than "Grunge." On the other
hand...."Deep Compressor" is another one which sometimes appeals. It
really depends on the image you start out with and what works with it.

Well, why not. Photography is more of an art form than we think, I can
understand your work a lot more than a lot of the "art" that my government
has paid a lot of money for.

Wouldn't want to see _every_ photo processed this way, just enough to see
the good ones stand out.

Agreed. I think HDR can be used for effect on some images....but not on
others.

I like to experiment with it now and again.....sometimes with good results
and at other times.....YUCK! Sometimes it just does not work out and I'm
more than satisfied with the original properly exposed image.

Regardless of HDR, Photoshop, and so forth.....it is important to get a
decent image right from the start before you go monkeying around with it.

Regards,

Nick