Ferry Pilot Down

Old February 17th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Ferry Pilot Down

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 03:07:49 GMT, Jay Maynard
wrote in
:

On 2008-02-17, Big John wrote:
He is known as the "Tron" guy in the TX VHF-FM Society.

Not just in the FM Society, but all around the net. See
http://www.tronguy.net for more.

Internet Explorer crashed when I loaded this image:
http://www.tronguy.net/images/headshot.jpg

Very futuristic there, wackoid (and I mean that with all due respect).
Not too original (marginally plagiarized from Disney:
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/li.../tron01.html#), but
it shows initiative and determination if not creativity.

Have you ever considered incorporating a micorcontroller and LEDs into
an actively moving display scene on your suits? It's not that
difficult....

Wow Lar, adjust your dosage. Or read some statutes. That should calm you
down.

Bertie
Old February 17th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

" wrote in
:

On Feb 15, 8:36*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
It appears Bertie doesn't like you - based on his past posts
(haven't re

ad
them all) I'd guess it is because you have political views that
differ from
his, he thinks you're a bigot because of views you have expressed
with regard to illegal immigration, and you use employment
practices that appear
to be needlessly callous. (Again - all just guesses.)

Wrong assumptions across the board. *Bertie and I got along just fine
un

til
I called him out on his knee-jerk, automated, inane, one-word
nonsensical responses to MX's every post.

When I pointed out that he had become a bigger liability to this
group tha

his target, he became my rump-ranger.

But, again, that's why the kill file was invented. *I haven't seen
any o

his posts in many weeks, and it's truly restored the utility of this
group

.
I heartily recommend it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

I am standing next to Jay on this one. We both speak our minds and if
it comes across as self serving. well so be it...

Woudldnt Jay have to have a mind?

This is America and
by god we can do that here. Several other posters I respect highly,
Like Jim in NC and others. I might not agree with some of their ideas
but enjoy reading their takes on various topics. I am guilt of making
a few crass comments and after sleeping on it I realized my mistake
and apoligized promply.
The big thing that toggles my BS meter is a person who posts with a
obvious fake and arrogent screen name. I put these people in the same
group as someone who would go into a theatre with a halloween mask on
and scream "fire".

I'm sure you would.

What's next, the inevitable nazi accusation?

They are spineless creatures and spend their lives
lurking in the shadows of life... They suffer from the "small
testicle" syndrome.. I wish tailwinds to all the TRUE pilots in this
newsgroup and painfull hemeroids to the "whining, sniveling,keyboard
pilots sitting in their computer chairs spewing bitterness.

Bwawhawhahwhahwhawhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwhahwha!

Bertie

Old February 17th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Jay Honeck's reasoned posts are always welcomed by this newsgrouper. I
hope someday to make it to Iowa and enjoy a visit with him, his
family, and hotel.

Thank you, sir. Our door is always open, our hangar fridge is always
stocked, and there will always be room at the inn for everyone on this
group. The H.O.P.S. party will go on at Oshkosh, the pool party will happen
here in Iowa City, and we will continue to introduce everyone and anyone to
the joys of flying.

Remember -- no matter what we all say here, no matter what the trolls do
here, we are all united in our love of aviation. We wouldn't be here if we
didn't believe that flying was the greatest thing to do, and I, for one, am
not going to let the acidic self-hatred of a few foul-mouthed faux pilots
ruin this group.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 17th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Open your eyes, man; is that what you want to be associated with?
Consider how what you foster here might affect Internet Broadcasting's
image in the eyes of its TV station clients; how do you think Dave
Abbott (or Reid Johnson) might find the repugnant attitude you
support? Is Internet Broadcasting a spamnaus or what?

Interesting. I had always pictured Mr. Ahrens as more of the "angry young
man/unemployed/MX"-type.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 17th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:55:12 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Remember -- no matter what we all say here, no matter what the trolls do
here, we are all united in our love of aviation.

Right on.
Old February 18th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Jay Honeck's reasoned posts are always welcomed by this newsgrouper.
I hope someday to make it to Iowa and enjoy a visit with him, his
family, and hotel.

Thank you, sir. Our door is always open, our hangar fridge is always
stocked, and there will always be room at the inn for everyone on this
group. The H.O.P.S. party will go on at Oshkosh, the pool party will
happen here in Iowa City, and we will continue to introduce everyone
and anyone to the joys of flying.

Remember -- no matter what we all say here, no matter what the trolls
do here, we are all united in our love of aviation. We wouldn't be
here if we didn't believe that flying was the greatest thing to do,
and I, for one, am not going to let the acidic self-hatred of a few
foul-mouthed faux pilots ruin this group.

I don't hate myself.

And you sue aion't gonna make me, wannabe boi.

Bertie

Old February 18th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Open your eyes, man; is that what you want to be associated with?
Consider how what you foster here might affect Internet
Broadcasting's image in the eyes of its TV station clients; how do
you think Dave Abbott (or Reid Johnson) might find the repugnant
attitude you support? Is Internet Broadcasting a spamnaus or what?

Interesting. I had always pictured Mr. Ahrens as more of the "angry
young man/unemployed/MX"-type.

You'd be wrong there....

But why break the habits of a lifetime, eh?

Bertie
Old February 18th 08, 10:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 17, 1:40*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
" wrote :

[...]

Bertie- Hide quoted text -

I didn't mention your name in my post......... Ya feeing kinda guilty
or something ??????
Old February 18th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

" wrote in
:

On Feb 17, 1:40*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
" wrote
innews:e185d601-e130-4116-9d6d

:

[...]

Nope.

Bertie
Old February 19th 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 17, 4:55*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

We wouldn't be here if we didn't believe that flying was
the greatest thing to do,

Not really. Many of us believe that flying is a nice hobby, but we do
other things that are more important, more challenging, and more
enjoyable.

Mustangs of Old, concluded - US-WAF Ferry pilot Florene Watson.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 0 December 30th 06 03:53 AM
F4U-5 ferry range [email protected] Naval Aviation 2 January 31st 06 04:02 AM
An EAC ferry to Red Flag Maurice Hendriks Naval Aviation 0 September 11th 05 11:04 PM
Ferry Permit? Mackfly Soaring 7 March 9th 04 02:23 AM
Ferry Pilot Needed Seattle to Dallas Flynn Owning 2 September 10th 03 02:31 PM