PFC Lynch gets a Bronze Star?

Old July 22nd 03, 12:34 AM
Brian

Default PFC Lynch gets a Bronze Star?

Did I hear correctly on the news that PFC Lynch was awarded a Bronze Star
along with a POW Medal and Purple Heart? I can understand the last two but a
freakin Bronze Star? What act of heroism did she perform? Don't get me
wrong, I'm not saying she did anything wrong but isn't the Army getting a
little generous with the Bronze Star?

Old July 22nd 03, 01:04 AM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

"Brian" wrote in message
Did I hear correctly on the news that PFC Lynch was awarded a Bronze Star
along with a POW Medal and Purple Heart? I can understand the last two but

freakin Bronze Star? What act of heroism did she perform? Don't get me
wrong, I'm not saying she did anything wrong but isn't the Army getting a
little generous with the Bronze Star?

I hope that all the guys that went in there to get her got one too. Maybe
they just gave the medal to everyone involved with the situation, including
the victim?

I hope that the Iraqi lawyer who reported her gets some kind of medal too.

Old July 22nd 03, 07:22 AM
Lynn Coffelt

I didn't get one either, Brian! After reviewing the criteria, I must say She
earned hers. How were you slighted? (like me grin)

Old Chief Lynn

Old July 22nd 03, 11:15 AM
Cub Driver

The U.S. Army (and navy and air force) has always been generous with
its medals. The higher your rank, the more expensive the metal on your
medal. Crikey, Claire Chennault was decorated for flying with a safety
pilot, and his fans were annoyed that it wasn't the Medal of Honor!

Lyndon Johnson was decorated for flying a mission that went nowhere
near the enemy.

To be sure, PFC Joe Lynch wouldn't have gotten a Bronze Star in like
circumstances, but Jessie is a special case. For one thing, she's cute
as a button in that picture of her with the American flag behind her.
I don't think we would have gotten nearly so worked up about PFC Joe
Lynch.

What's to bet that the good ladies at NOW (the same who would spit on
a uniform if it had a man inside it) will be complaining that it's
sexism she didn't get a Silver Star?

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at http://www.danford.net/index.htm
Vietnam | Flying Tigers | Pacific War | Brewster Buffalo | Piper Cub
Old July 22nd 03, 11:16 AM
Cub Driver

I hope that the Iraqi lawyer who reported her gets some kind of medal too.

He did better: he got a flight to the U.S.

Old July 22nd 03, 12:43 PM
Gooneybird

Cub Driver wrote:
I hope that the Iraqi lawyer who reported her gets some kind of medal too.

He did better: he got a flight to the U.S.

And the magic green card, right? He deserved them....he hung it all out to dry
and took some huge risks for himself and his family.

George Z.

Old July 22nd 03, 11:25 PM
TekTeam26

Yes, Jessica Lynch got a Bronze Star. If you listened carefully, you would have
found out that she also got the "V" device for valor attached to that Bronze
Star. You don't get that for being captured after your truck is wrecked. You
get that for fighting the enemy with your weapon!!! It won't be much longer
before the BS story of Jessica receiving her injuries in a motor vehicle
accident will be exposed as the coverup that it is. Jessica was actually
captured standing up along with Lori Ann Piestewa after fiercely fighting the
Iraqi's with their individual personal weapons. What happened afterwards to
those two women is what the Army is so afraid of the world finding out about...

Jerry Hall
Old July 23rd 03, 01:17 PM
John Chene

The other 507th POWs received bronze stars, except for one that
received a silver star, all received POW medals and 2 who were injured
received purple hearts. They were awarded during a ceremony at Ft.
Bliss in June. You should be able to find news accounts online easily.
The silver star recipient shot some enemy troops before he was
captured. The broze star recipients did not break under interrogation.
At least one of them misled his captors about radio frequencies
written on the inside of his helmet being prices for pumps and other
parts.