This is not how to get kids to go into engineering...

Old November 4th 03, 01:53 PM
Ron Natalie

Default This is not how to get kids to go into engineering...

http://www.ittc.ku.edu/~cbosley/pictures/P6270047.JPG

Old November 4th 03, 06:49 PM
Snowbird

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message ...

http://www.ittc.ku.edu/~cbosley/pictures/P6270047.JPG

Try this instead:
Godiva was a Lady who through Coventry did ride
To show the royal villagers her fair and pure white hide
The one who took her from her steed and led her to her beer
Was a bleary-eyed surveyor and a drunken engineer

(etc etc etc etc)

OK, I guess maybe not?
Old November 5th 03, 01:18 AM
Dave Hyde

Ron Natalie wrote:

http://www.ittc.ku.edu/~cbosley/pictures/P6270047.JPG

You mean I had a *choice*?!

Q: What does an engineer use for birth control?
A: His personality.

Dave 'tame oats' Hyde

Old November 5th 03, 02:47 AM

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 01:18:46 GMT, Dave Hyde wrote:

:Ron Natalie wrote:
:
: http://www.ittc.ku.edu/~cbosley/pictures/P6270047.JPG
:
:You mean I had a *choice*?!
:
:Q: What does an engineer use for birth control?
:A: His personality.
:
ave 'tame oats' Hyde

Q: How do you tell a controlls engineer from a systems engineer?
A: A systems engineer looks at *your* shoes when he talks to you.

We got back to our place. The workshop is gone, along with the
project. The house survived, with some minor exterior damage. We
were very, very lucky, the houses on either side of us are gone. The
iceplant (that my wife hated) around the house helped. So did double
glazed windows, cement shingles, stucco walls and well watered lawns.
I'm sketching out a system with a gas driven pump, running sprinklers
on the roof, in the trees and along gutters. I don't have a pool to
suck from but the neighbors do, I might try to talk him into splitting
the system with me, while he's rebuilding.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the airplane. I'm not going
to start again from scratch. So if I can find a project, or a flying
homebuilt that could use some upgrades, I think I'll buy. 4 place is
my only hard requirement.

Old November 5th 03, 03:36 AM
Del Rawlins

On 04 Nov 2003 05:47 PM, posted the following:

We got back to our place. The workshop is gone, along with the
project. The house survived, with some minor exterior damage. We
were very, very lucky, the houses on either side of us are gone. The
iceplant (that my wife hated) around the house helped. So did double
glazed windows, cement shingles, stucco walls and well watered lawns.
I'm sketching out a system with a gas driven pump, running sprinklers
on the roof, in the trees and along gutters. I don't have a pool to
suck from but the neighbors do, I might try to talk him into splitting
the system with me, while he's rebuilding.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the airplane. I'm not going
to start again from scratch. So if I can find a project, or a flying
homebuilt that could use some upgrades, I think I'll buy. 4 place is
my only hard requirement.

I'm glad to hear that at least your house survived, but sorry about the
shop/project. Was there anything salvageable out of any of it (like
tools, etc?). I know that if anything like that happened to me, even if
insurance covered everything (which it should), so much of what I would
lose would be irreplacable stuff which originally belonged to my dad.
It would suck to lose the project, but at least a kit is available now.

If you are looking for a new project, be sure to look at the Bearhawk
kits:

http://www.bearhawkaircraft.com/

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old November 5th 03, 07:31 AM
Morgans

wrote

We got back to our place. The workshop is gone, along with the
project. The house survived, with some minor exterior damage. We
were very, very lucky, the houses on either side of us are gone. The
iceplant (that my wife hated) around the house helped. So did double
glazed windows, cement shingles, stucco walls and well watered lawns.
I'm sketching out a system with a gas driven pump, running sprinklers
on the roof, in the trees and along gutters. I don't have a pool to
suck from but the neighbors do, I might try to talk him into splitting
the system with me, while he's rebuilding.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the airplane. I'm not going
to start again from scratch. So if I can find a project, or a flying
homebuilt that could use some upgrades, I think I'll buy. 4 place is
my only hard requirement.

So sorry about the shop and project, but glad you didn't lose the house.
Life goes on. Some times it sucks a little bit. :-(
--
Jim in NC

Old November 5th 03, 07:35 AM

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:31:47 -0800, "Morgans"
wrote:

:
wrote
:
[...]

When I look at our neighbors, believe me, life doesn't suck even a
tiny bit. I feel totally blessed.

Old November 5th 03, 07:46 AM
Bob U.

When I look at our neighbors, believe me, life doesn't suck even a
tiny bit. I feel totally blessed.

What's the scoop concerning the errant answering machine?

Barnyard BOb --

Old November 5th 03, 03:44 PM
Snowbird

Dave Hyde wrote in message ...

You mean I had a *choice*?!

Q: What does an engineer use for birth control?
A: His personality.

All birth control methods have failure rates

*ducking*
Sydney ("everyone at MIT has a trench coat lined with batteries")

PS nice failure(s)

P2S so when does the taxi testing start
Old November 5th 03, 04:56 PM

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 01:46:22 -0600, Bob U. wrote:

:
wrote:
:
:When I look at our neighbors, believe me, life doesn't suck even a
:tiny bit. I feel totally blessed.
:
:What's the scoop concerning the errant answering machine?

Telephone poles burned. I was thinking that I could have left a cell
phone in the kitchen, turned on, with an extended battery pack, but it
turns out a bunch of the local cell towers burned, too, so it would
have given me the same false indication.

I can't believe that some people still have shake roofs. You might as
well live under a pile of matches.