Region3 Glens Falls

Old September 3rd 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Leslie

Default Region3 Glens Falls

Folks I was at Region 3, and I have to say that Tim
Hanke and his staff did a fantastic job organizing
and I must thank all involved. You guys were great!

The Folks running the FBO were way out of line the
first day we arrived there, I witnessed a line Guy
screaming at the top of his lungs and cursing nonstop
because Tim wanted to move a car so we could get equipment
in. When we tried to talk to the guy he started screaming
again. It just got worse from there, very upsetting.
Many other problems arose from the FBO. Getting booted
off a public airport was uncalled for.

Tim and Tom went out of thier way to keep the FBO happy,
I commend you guys for that.

The worst FBO I have ever been at, they definitly won't
get any buisiness from me or the other professionals
that were there.

For all those that organized and worked so hard at
the contest, GREAT JOB!

LV

Old September 3rd 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chipsoars

Gregg Leslie wrote:
[...]

I must echo LV's comments. Tim and Tom did an excellent job under
adverse conditions. I've been on a few mixed use airports, but the
attitude from the management was obvious from the minute my crew and I
showed up at the field. It is a real shame as it is a nice airport and
location.

Also thanks to Ken Sorenson, Diane B-Nixon and anyone else involved for
the work in allowing us to have a fun day at Saratoga Springs on
Friday.

I am looking forward to future efforts by the fine folks at Adirondack
Soaring.

KK(jr)
Chip Fitzpatrick

Old September 3rd 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Hanke

Please leave negative feedback at AirNav website...
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KGFL/EMPIRE_EAST#c

Thanks!
Tim

Old September 3rd 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
diogenes

Tim Hanke wrote:
Please leave negative feedback at AirNav website...
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KGFL/EMPIRE_EAST#c

Interesting to note that the FBO there has gotten many (and only) rave
reviews

Old September 3rd 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BTIZ

Is the FBO also the airport manager? That is the case here, the County Dept
of Aviation "runs the airports" and also serves as "FBO", fuel and parking
services only. All other services, flight school, aircraft maintenance, etc,
and those by "Lease agreements" with the County Dept of Aviation.

The FBO cannot kick one off an airfield. Only the Airport Manager can.
And depending on the "Lease agreement" not without cause, not without an
administrative hearing, and not without risk to Airport Grant Assurances,
Federal Dollars. Granted most lease agreements have "emergency safety"
clauses.

Did the contest organizers have a contract with the FBO? With the Airport
Management (County or City)?

BT

Old September 3rd 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Hanke

There were two problems up there... The FBO is so used to having only 3
airplanes fly in the entire day and they are used to getting on the
Radio and tieing up 123.00 with their traffic contol statements. Empire
East Aviation not only ties the radio frequency up with statements when
to land, turn base, turn final, etc., they also directed a helicopter
over or borrowed RV that was used for our office. This direction cost
$700 worth of damage to our awaning. Had the helicopter flown a normal
pattern as he should at an uncontrolled airport, this would never of
happened.

Adirondack Soaring is looking into the ramifications of being thrown
off the airfield by the Warren County Airport Manager. We have reviewed
our contract for the event and can not see what rights they had to do
this. We were basically given a call to leave the airfield. No
discussion was allowed.

This is far from over...