Diesel and jet fuel from animal fat

Old June 27th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ken Finney

Default Diesel and jet fuel from animal fat

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote:

Considering what Tyson's done with poultry production and industry
wages, they're likely to give us biodiesel that costs 50 cents a
gallon, though all the refinery workers will be illegal aliens and
every gas station will have a chicken-manure lagoon out back.

I could live with that for $0.50 fuel.

Ever been close to a manure lagoon?

Does Usenet count?

;^)

Old June 27th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Robert M. Gary

On Jun 26, 2:34 am, "NW_Pilot"
wrote:
"Maxwell" wrote in message

I guess Tyson foods plans on trimming some of the fat.

http://www.syntroleum.com/pr_individ...NewsID=1018955

Wow! PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) may have a cow on this one! Speaking
of Cow I feel like a Steak!

Your group is free to use the PETA name. I think the old PETA changed
their name to PETCA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Cute
Animals).

There is room for all of God's creatures right next to my peas.

-Robert

Old June 27th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan Luke

"Ken Finney" wrote:

Ever been close to a manure lagoon?

Does Usenet count?

Parts of it. I checked on alt.politics last week and haven't gotten the smell
out of my computer yet.

--
Dan

"Almost all the matter that came out of the Big Bang was two specific sorts;
hydrogen, and stupidity."

-Robert Carnegie in talk.origins

Old June 27th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Ken Finney" wrote:

Ever been close to a manure lagoon?

Does Usenet count?

Parts of it. I checked on alt.politics last week and haven't gotten the

smell
out of my computer yet.

--
Dan

And another keyboard bit the dust...

Peter

Old June 27th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Dan Luke wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote:

Considering what Tyson's done with poultry production and industry
wages, they're likely to give us biodiesel that costs 50 cents a
gallon, though all the refinery workers will be illegal aliens and
every gas station will have a chicken-manure lagoon out back.

I could live with that for $0.50 fuel.

Ever been close to a manure lagoon?

On military bases sewage treatment lagoons are called officers' club
swimming pools.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old June 27th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

NW_Pilot wrote:
"Maxwell" wrote in message
I guess Tyson foods plans on trimming some of the fat.

http://www.syntroleum.com/pr_individ...NewsID=1018955

Wow! PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) may have a cow on this one! Speaking
of Cow I feel like a Steak!

How does one feel like a steak? Sit on a grill?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old June 27th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dave[_5_]

Ever been close to a manure lagoon?

No, but I camped next to a chicken ranch once at Abbotsford, BC.
Hardly noticed it in the evening, but next morning the wind had
shifted - and omigawd what an awful smell!

More recently, the county raised pigs at their honor farm right next
to the airport where I was based. The wind was usually blowing the
wrong way.....

David Johnson

Old June 27th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ever been close to a manure lagoon?

No, but I camped next to a chicken ranch once at Abbotsford, BC.
Hardly noticed it in the evening, but next morning the wind had
shifted - and omigawd what an awful smell!

More recently, the county raised pigs at their honor farm right next
to the airport where I was based. The wind was usually blowing the
wrong way.....

David Johnson

That's when you realize that your nose is not nearly so plugged up as you
thought!

Peter :-(

Old June 27th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Dan" wrote in message
Dan Luke wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote:

Considering what Tyson's done with poultry production and industry
wages, they're likely to give us biodiesel that costs 50 cents a
gallon, though all the refinery workers will be illegal aliens and
every gas station will have a chicken-manure lagoon out back.

I could live with that for $0.50 fuel.

Ever been close to a manure lagoon?

On military bases sewage treatment lagoons are called officers' club
swimming pools.

In the Army, they're called "Mess Halls".

Old June 27th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

Dan Luke wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote:

Considering what Tyson's done with poultry production and industry
wages, they're likely to give us biodiesel that costs 50 cents a
gallon, though all the refinery workers will be illegal aliens and
every gas station will have a chicken-manure lagoon out back.

I could live with that for $0.50 fuel.

Ever been close to a manure lagoon?

Yes I have. Conagra has a large chicken processing facility in my home town.
They smell really bad, but so do pet food plants but I still buy dog food
for my Golden Retreiver.