space ship one makes the target

Old June 22nd 04, 02:36 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Dave Stadt wrote:

I do believe civilians have funded every penny of the US space program.

Not directly.

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
Old June 22nd 04, 03:33 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
. ..

That's not even close to being true.

No? Who were the others?

Old June 22nd 04, 03:38 AM
Andrew Sarangan

Andrew Gideon wrote in
online.com:

What type of flight plan is required? Composite (IFR through class A,
VFR above)? Does Center provide services at these altitudes, or does
one fall back on reporting points?

- Andrew

Was a TFR established around the launch site?
Old June 22nd 04, 03:51 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Dave Stadt wrote:

I do believe civilians have funded every penny of the US space program.

Not directly.

Oh? So would you please differentiate/explain the direct and indirect
funding?

Old June 22nd 04, 04:25 AM
Dave Stadt

Dave Stadt wrote:

I do believe civilians have funded every penny of the US space program.

Not directly.

Let's see now. The government takes my money and spends it directly on the
space program. That's pretty direct in my book.

Old June 22nd 04, 04:47 AM
Peter Duniho

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
gy.com...
Let's see now. The government takes my money and spends it directly on

the
space program. That's pretty direct in my book.

You've got a long way to go before you've made trolling the art form that
Steven has. That said, you sure have gotten an impressive number of nibbles
already, I'll grant you that.

Old June 22nd 04, 05:36 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

Were the X-15 pilots classified as "astronauts"?

Those that achieved the requisite altitude were.

Old June 22nd 04, 12:54 PM
Ace Pilot

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message ...
"Jay Masino" wrote in message
Tom Sixkiller wrote:
"JP" wrote in message
We have a civilian astronaut.

yeeeehaaa!

Doesn't NASA have a bunch already? Weren't Neil Armstrong during Gemini

and
Apollo, and Harrison Schmidt on Apollo 14, civilians?

We have the first astronaut of a civilian funded spacecraft.

I do believe civilians have funded every penny of the US space program.

I do believe that is wrong. Military personnel pay federal taxes, so
not every penny came from civilians.
Old June 22nd 04, 01:29 PM
Dave Stadt

"Ace Pilot" wrote in message
om...
"Dave Stadt" wrote in message

"Jay Masino" wrote in message
Tom Sixkiller wrote:
"JP" wrote in message
We have a civilian astronaut.

yeeeehaaa!

Doesn't NASA have a bunch already? Weren't Neil Armstrong during

Gemini
and
Apollo, and Harrison Schmidt on Apollo 14, civilians?

We have the first astronaut of a civilian funded spacecraft.

I do believe civilians have funded every penny of the US space program.

I do believe that is wrong. Military personnel pay federal taxes, so
not every penny came from civilians.

And military pay comes from??????