Airplanes and Brakes?

Old September 17th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Airplanes and Brakes?

"Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote in :

"Morgans" wrote in message
Up until now, I only had a problem with two people. Now, make that
three.

Lordy, you are predictable. And full of it.

I have always said, if I could buy Dudley and Bertie for what they are
worth, and sell them for what they think they are worth, I'd be flying
a turbine, and they would be wearing one.

Yes, which nicely displays both your delusion and your racism.

Bertie
Old September 17th 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote in :

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Morgans" wrote in
:

Up until now, I only had a problem with two people. Now, make that
three.

The night is young.

Lordy, you are predictable.

So are you.

And full of it.

In Dudley's case, that would be info. In your case, it's whineyness.

Bertie

No, it would all be ignorance in YOUR case.

Yeh. Mmmkaay.

That probably makes sense in Okieland.

Bertie
Old September 17th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Sep 16, 7:58*pm, "Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message

Up until now, I only had a problem with two people. *Now, make that three.

Lordy, you are predictable. *And full of it.

I have always said, if I could buy Dudley and Bertie for what they are
worth, and sell them for what they think they are worth, I'd be flying a
turbine, and they would be wearing one.

Possibly Maxie, but I doubt it. My life isn't really worth all that
much really. I think it ranges from about $9.95 to about $30 bucks for
the book it's at least partially covered in on Amazon.

Old September 17th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
On Sep 16, 8:13 am, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
On Sep 15, 4:12 pm, tjd wrote:
That sounds much like the situation here with a downslope of 40' in
5000 and a nasty ravine at the end. I teach my students to check
brakes as they reach the aiming blocks and if the pressure is gone or
going away to make a decision well before they end up going off the
end and saying "Oh Sh*&" Sorry Dudley, I couldn't resistGG

No problem. I consider the testing of an airplane's brakes after
touchdown as a whole issue unto itself. In discussing the use of
brakes with a student, I'd separate this little "gotcha" from any
discussion centered on whether or not to use brakes on landing.
Other than what should be this automatic "check" that brakes are
available, I would stress that brakes only be used when necessary and
as previously stated. :-))

Whereas that should be sufficient to keep the brakes free from rust, and has
obvious additional safety benefits, I plan to "make it mine" when I resume
flying.

Peter

Old September 17th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Sep 15, 4:12 pm, tjd wrote:
[...]

It's a good practice Pete. Just a touch is all that's required. The
trick is that this is usually done during the initial (faster) part of
the roll out after touchdown so you want to be extra careful not to
"punch" the nosewheel down hard on the strut or in the case of a
tailwheel airplane, not to push the nose down and catch a prop tip.
This is especially an issue for tail wheels on short grass uneven
strips where there might be a tendency to "test the brakes" just a bit
too aggressively :-))
Old September 17th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin

Dudley Henriques wrote in

m:

Even better if you make them PAY for it :-))

Heck no, it's a strong lesson to have them sweat and cuss when they
wind up spending most time redoing their work. :-)

Old September 17th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Dudley Henriques wrote

--

Good point! Seriously, it's not a bad idea at all for instructors to
have students spend a little time "observing" what goes on in the
Old September 17th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
On Sep 16, 9:06 pm, John Godwin wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote

m:

Even better if you make them PAY for it :-))

Heck no, it's a strong lesson to have them sweat and cuss when they
wind up spending most time redoing their work. :-)

--

Good point! Seriously, it's not a bad idea at all for instructors to
have students spend a little time "observing" what goes on in the
shop. I've always encouraged this, and can remember more than a few
times when our resident A&P came running into my office begging me not
to do it any more :-))))

You're as full of **** as a Christmas goose.

No matter what is suggested, you always find a way to embellish and
regurgitate. First bull****ter never has a chance with you around, Dumley.

Old September 17th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Sep 16, 9:20*pm, "Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

On Sep 16, 9:06 pm, John Godwin wrote:

Dudley Henriques wrote

m:

Even better if you make them PAY for it :-))

Heck no, it's a strong lesson to have them sweat and cuss when they
wind up spending most time redoing their work. :-)

--

Good point! Seriously, it's not a bad idea at all for instructors to
have students spend a little time "observing" what goes on in the
shop. I've always encouraged this, and can remember more than a few
times when our resident A&P came running into my office begging me not
to do it any more :-))))

You're as full of **** as a Christmas goose.

No matter what is suggested, you always find a way to embellish and
regurgitate. First bull****ter never has a chance with you around, Dumley..

Whatever you say Maxie. :-)

Old September 17th 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Frank Olson

Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:
I'm deligthted to see I'm managing to get some arguments and
discussion going. And if you notice, No Profanity?
I challenge my students to learn to taxi without brakes. and I come
down hard if they beat up the airplane with unecessary braking instead
of staying ahead of the airplane. (sometimes even with profanity! Can
you imagine that?)
How about you? If you had to pay for the brakes, tires, and
maintenance, would YOU beat up the airplane?
Ol S&B

Brakes??? What are those???

Brakes? WingFlaps Piloting 69 March 4th 08 07:27 AM
Good news for scratch builders of metal airplanes - Home Depot rents bending brakes flybynightkarmarepair Home Built 7 January 6th 07 05:22 PM
Carbon brakes [email protected] Piloting 3 August 19th 06 07:01 AM
Trailer brakes Bert Willing Soaring 1 October 31st 03 08:55 AM
Cobratrailer&brakes Greg Arnold Soaring 5 October 6th 03 03:14 PM