December 17 flight plans anyone?

Old December 13th 03, 04:07 AM
Bob Fry

"Jack Allison" writes:

Is anyone planning on celebrating the 100th anniversary by going out and
flying on 12/17? Going anywhere special or simply converting cash into
lift? So long as it's a VFR day here in the CA central valley,

Where are you? I'm at Davis, near Sacto.

I might try to get off early from work...or, if it's a bit windy and
thus clear, might do a night flight.

Old December 13th 03, 04:14 AM
Gerald Sylvester

Jack Allison wrote:
Is anyone planning on celebrating the 100th anniversary by going out and
flying on 12/17? Going anywhere special or simply converting cash into
lift? So long as it's a VFR day here in the CA central valley, I'm planning
on leaving work a couple hours early and going flying.

so long as it's a VFR day in the Bay Area and the central valley, I'm
planning on taking my PPL check ride.

GS

Old December 13th 03, 06:31 AM
Steve P

On 12/12/2003 8:14 PM after considerable forethought, Gerald Sylvester
wrote:

Jack Allison wrote:

Is anyone planning on celebrating the 100th anniversary by going out and
flying on 12/17? Going anywhere special or simply converting cash into
lift? So long as it's a VFR day here in the CA central valley, I'm
planning
on leaving work a couple hours early and going flying.

so long as it's a VFR day in the Bay Area and the central valley, I'm
planning on taking my PPL check ride.

GS

That's a great way to mark the day!!!

The central valley was beautiful tonight... flew to Harris ranch for a
good piece of beef.

Steve P

Old December 13th 03, 07:15 PM
Tlewis95

I am going to be in the air over Rockford IL at 10:35 doing touch and goes!

Trace Lewis age 13
Old December 13th 03, 08:13 PM
Margy Natalie

Declaring it a school holiday? I hope you offer up a report on the day to your
social studies teacher and maybe a brief history of the technology of aircraft
over the past 100 years to your science teacher. They would be impressed and
maybe let you teach a lesson on it to the other kids.

Margy

Old December 13th 03, 08:19 PM
Frederick Wilson

Going to give rides to the mobilized national guard troops in the Huey. I am
looking forward to it.

Nothing like turning Jet Fuel into noise.

Fred

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
Is anyone planning on celebrating the 100th anniversary by going out and
flying on 12/17? Going anywhere special or simply converting cash into
lift? So long as it's a VFR day here in the CA central valley, I'm

planning
on leaving work a couple hours early and going flying. Nowhere special,
just planning on enjoying a chance to fly.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old December 14th 03, 04:30 AM
Jay Honeck

Is anyone planning on celebrating the 100th anniversary by going out and
flying on 12/17?

Every pilot should try to be flying that day.

Mary and I will be airborne, heading whichever way the weather permits. If
it's marginal, we'll just work the pattern once or twice -- but if it's
nice, we'll hopefully be off to someplace with a good brunch!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 14th 03, 10:44 AM
Brian Burger

I've got a 172 booked Wednesday morning; wx permitting my brother, his
girlfriend & I will to a short local flight - her first time in a small
plane.

One cool thing the Club is doing is certificates. Everyone who flies at
the Club on the 17th (not just the pilots) gets a nice-looking "I Helped
Celebrate 100 Years of Aviation" certificate that the Club's had made up,
all signed by our Chief Flying Instructor & our President.

Now, let's all hope for good VMC on the 17th!

Brian - PP-ASEL/Night -

Old December 14th 03, 01:13 PM
Tom Fleischman

In article , Jack Allison
wrote:

Is anyone planning on celebrating the 100th anniversary by going out and
flying on 12/17? Going anywhere special or simply converting cash into
lift? So long as it's a VFR day here in the CA central valley, I'm planning
on leaving work a couple hours early and going flying. Nowhere special,
just planning on enjoying a chance to fly.

It looks like a cold rainy day on Wed. here, but if it's not raining
too hard, and there's no ice in the lower altitudes I'm planning to go
out and shoot a couple of approaches.