Jim Weir's - October 2000 (Understanding LED lamp indicators - Part II)

Old June 9th 05, 08:55 PM
dwbauer

Default Jim Weir's - October 2000 (Understanding LED lamp indicators - Part II)

I'm trying to construct this circuit from Jim Weir's circuits page. Not
having much luck, but I am trying. I'm a sailboater, (you would not want ME
driving a plane!).
Can Jim or someone with some electronics look at my non-working attempts. I
have some pictures with my circuit descriptions at:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/e/kelmark2180/index.html
if someone can be of assistance.
Thanks; Don

Old June 9th 05, 09:18 PM
RST Engineering

"Not having much luck" doesn't exactly tell us what you are trying to do or
what is not working as you expected it. Wanna be a litle more specific?

Jim

. ..

Old June 9th 05, 09:42 PM

Don,
A quick look shows that your schematic calls for a LM324 but your
breadboard is showing a LM339 wired as a LM324. Nice try. Not the same
pinout on the chips.
If you use a 339 you need to look up the pinout and make changes to
your wiring diagram accordingly.
Try National Semiconductors Website.
Clark Hinds
Cetacea Sound, Inc.

Old June 9th 05, 10:09 PM
Morgans

"karel" wrote

I am quite willing to be of help
only this question isn't really at its right place here
It's not about aviation, it's about electronics.
Couldn't you post it in some electronics forum?

Ahh, but you are only sooo wrong.

Jim makes electronics goodies for airplanes. When someone needs help, he
has stated that he prefers to help them out here, so others that might be
having the same problem will see what to do about it.

So, in review, electronics goodiies for airplanes, built at home, belongs in
aviation homebuilt. See?
--
Jim in NC

Old June 9th 05, 11:09 PM
dwbauer

Thanks!
Somehow I have overlooked the obvious. If My eyes were better, I may have
caught that myself, but I doubt it. And for the other posts, what it is
supposed to do, is light up the green/clear LED with the brightness
controlled by that blue variable resistor at the top left of the circuit.
Believe me, when it lights, it is bright green. I hate being this slow, but
my excuse is that three years ago, I had the s*it beat out of me, topped off
by being shot. I'm alive, just not very bright anymore.
Many thanks to all who responded, if I have more problems, I'll post it in
an electronics forum.
Thanks Again; Don

oups.com...