Beautiful weather in the NW!

Old November 17th 05, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Beautiful weather in the NW!

Old November 17th 05, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Old November 17th 05, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Chris G." nospam@noemail wrote in message news:437cc4d0$0$27950$

I always like to solicit feedback and get first-hand info about "new"
airports (to me). I'm going to Baker City, Oregon, for the holiday and
will be scheduling time with an
instructor, wx permitting.

Haven't landed there but I checked it out from the ground. Doesn't look
like there are any surprises there BUT, keep your eyes peeled for the Oregon
Trail Interpretive Center up on the nearby hill, and if you look northeast
you should be able to see a faint crease in the landscape, which are the
wagon ruts on the Oregon Trail

The Interpretive Center, by the way, is fantastic.

-c

Old November 18th 05, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Old November 19th 05, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Now, if you had done a touch and go at Flying M, then we would be impressed.
Although, it is actually possible to do one there if one doesn't slow down
too much.
God, I love Flying M.

On 2005-11-15, tom pettit wrote:
My last stop before heading home was a T&G at Woodland.
This is a neat little strip just yards east of I5.

Wow, I thought *landing* at W27 took courage. I didn't know anyone was
crazy enough to do T&Gs!

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

Old November 19th 05, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Pacific City is another good one. Land and walk across the road to Fat
Freddies, or whatever the name is, and get good food and look at the
pictures of airplanes that have landed into the restaurant.

On 2005-11-16, Chris G. nospam@noemail wrote:

Any suggestions for landing at Siletz Bay? That's on of the
destinations I want to go to with my wife.

It's a great coast destination. If you walk out of the the parking area
to 101 you can cross one direction of the highway, climb a set of stairs
set in the hill and cross the other side. There's a restaurant right
there, and you can get to the beach by walking through the nearby
neighborhoods.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

Old November 19th 05, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I have done a touch and go at Pacific City. Also Toledo. I've been to
Flying M. I alway want to stop there, so I haven't tried the T&G. One guy
who flys a 172, and used to fly helicopters, took a ride with me and
commented, "this thing flys like a 'copter". I wish I could afford a
chopper, but that isn't in the cards.
tom pettit