Glider Video Facing Backwards

Old November 21st 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider Video Facing Backwards

Our club (http://skysoaring.com) owns a ex-military L-19/O-1 "Bird
Dog". Nice and powerful two seat-er.

It has one other interesting attribute. Due to it being an
observation plane, the rear stick can be removed and the rear seat
back repositioned so that the passenger can face backwards. This is
great to view a glider takeoff.

Here is my first attempt at taking a video through the rear window,
all set to music. I reduced the ~10 min tow to ~2 minutes.

http://derosaweb.net/aviation/videos

I need to see if I can rig up a tripod rather than hand hold the
camera. No, I wasn't playing the guitar while filming.

Thanks, John DeRosa
Old November 21st 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tobi

nice vids
Old November 22nd 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ucsdcpc

That brings back a few memories :-)

I've been lucky enough to be able to make several visits to the US for work and
always taken the opportunity to get some flying in. I visited Sky Soaring just
over a year ago and used the opportunity of an air tow to get some spin training
in with Jim Skag which allowed my to go solo a couple of weeks later once back
in the UK.

I've got a selection of photos here from my assorted visits.

http://picasaweb.google.com/chrisgsa...lidingInTheUS#

There are a couple of videos taken at Sky. On the visit last year I brought a
work colleague from Russia with me for a flight. I'm not sure who took him up
(you will probably recognise the voice) as he patiently explains it all as
Alexei filmed it all.

Regards

Chris

Old November 22nd 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

I'm not sure a tripod would help; engine vibration and rough air would
each introduce more bouncing around. An electronic stabilizer is probably
the best bet.

Old November 24th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 21, 10:15*pm, Nyal Williams wrote:
I'm not sure a tripod would help; engine vibration and rough air would
each introduce more bouncing around. An electronic stabilizer is probably
the best bet.

Yes, that occured to me also. Only one way to find out...next spring!

- John
Old November 25th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

On Nov 21, 1:41*pm, wrote:
Our club (http://skysoaring.com) owns a ex-military L-19/O-1 "Bird
Dog". *Nice and powerful two seat-er.

It has one other interesting attribute. *Due to it being an
observation plane, the rear stick can be removed and the rear seat
back repositioned so that the passenger can face backwards. *This is
great to view a glider takeoff.

Here is my first attempt at taking a video through the rear window,
all set to music. *I reduced the ~10 min tow to ~2 minutes.

http://derosaweb.net/aviation/videos

I need to see if I can rig up a tripod rather than hand hold the
camera. * No, I wasn't playing the guitar while filming.

Thanks, John DeRosa

Nice videos John - I especially liked the "Glider following Glider"
one. Nice boots! ;-)

Frank (TA)

What Kind of Glider in this Video? ContestID67 Soaring 5 April 16th 08 12:45 AM
Glider Aerobatic Video 7C Soaring 2 March 5th 07 06:52 PM
Very cool glider video! Nik Piloting 2 November 29th 05 05:44 PM
Some airmen facing longer deployments Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 January 16th 04 08:34 PM