Condor Thanksgiving and Condor Christmas Contests

Old October 22nd 12, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Condor Thanksgiving and Condor Christmas Contests

Condor Soaring USA (CondorSoaringUSA.org) currently consisting of (Sean/Tiffany Fidler and myself) are hosting a pair of Condor online glider contests during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Both contests will be '4-day' (2 races per day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, U.S. eastern time) events held over the weekend after Thanksgiving and the weekend after Christmas respectively. You can fly these contests from the comfort of your own home wherever in the world that might be, with beer and/or turkey leg in one hand and the joystick in the other

The Thanksgiving contest will be flown in the Omarama_NZ (New Zealand) scenery, and the Christmas one will be flown in the Mifflin scenery. Both contests will be flown with the 15-meter Ventus 2bx glider, to eliminate any advantages/disadvantages for different gliders.

Both contests will use U.S. rules, tasking and scoring (with the exception that team flying is *not* prohibited), and scoring will be done using WinScore. Ken Sorenson and the SSA has been gracious enough to let us use the SSA online contest scheduling and registration facilities, so you can register for either/both contests online at http://ssa.org/sport/CalendarByEvent2.asp?chkContests=1. Scoring will be posted on the SSA site just like a normal contest.

Registration fee is $25. Cash prizes (gift certificates for Cumulus Soaring) will be awarded for the top 3 places.

Because we are using the SSA contest registration facilities, you will have to be an SSA member to register online. If you want to fly and aren't an SSA member, please contact me (paynterfsubstitute 'atgeemaledotcom' here and we'll work something out.

We hope this will be the start of a fruitful collaboration between the SSA and CondorSoaringUSA. It certainly could be a great way of introducing younger (or older) pilots to U.S. glider racing, and could serve as a training ground (can you spell 'team flying'?) for more advanced racers. If you have any ideas as to how to make it more interesting/fun or would like to help, we are open to suggestions and or volunteers ;-).

Frank (TA).

Frank (TA)

The Boy Who Flew With Condor DVD Paul Remde Soaring 10 February 20th 12 09:33 AM
Condor+SYM/HP310? sisu1a Soaring 5 November 25th 10 01:20 AM
Condor Soaring Jacob Olsen Soaring 7 January 5th 06 01:11 PM
Condor flight sim nimbusgb Soaring 6 May 18th 05 01:31 PM
TL-232 Condor for sale Sten-Anders Fellman Aviation Marketplace 0 September 26th 04 03:29 PM