Is Chris Thomas a Real Pilot?

Old September 10th 04, 05:15 AM
Mark Hickey

Mark Hickey wrote:

"NBC" when it should have been "CBS"...

Barnyard BOb - wrote:

How convenient. g

Who has seen this proof?
Where can it be seen NOW...
and who has judged the authenticity?

Got any reliable references that I can research?

Barnyard BOb - trust, but verify.

Then you shouldn't trust NBC...

Some of the new documents you mentioned questioning GWB's service (and
detailing all the "special treatment" he got are obvious forgeries...

Think about it... early 1970's, and the boneheads at NBC expect us to
think that a typewriter produced documents that had:

1) Times New Roman font (not yet developed)
2) Propotional font spacing (ditto, other than some very high-end IBM
typewriters - unlikely given the office in question)
3) Superscript font on the "th" following the squadron number. No
typewriter on earth would have done that in the early 1970's.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/BushGuardmay4.pdf

It should be interesting to see how they handle getting caught in this
obvious attempt to affect the opinion of their viewers. It will be
even more interesting to see if the OTHER networks backtrack on any of
their use of the information.

It will be even MORE interesting to find out WHO faked the documents.
Heh.

Mark "trust but verify indeed" Hickey

Old September 10th 04, 06:00 AM
RobertR237

Barnyard BOb - wrote:

[...]

I just heard that on the news too. Wouldn't that be a hoot, to find out that
it is another of the USA Today type of fabrications? How nice that the author
of documents just happens to be dead. The son of the guy has also denied that
the documents were found where they were claimed to have been found.

It just gets more and more interesting but is still not relevant to the
election.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old September 10th 04, 11:24 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article
, Orval
Fairbairn says...

Sadly that always seems to be the choices we get, take your pick, cancer or
leprosy. Although given the choice of the two I can't get a warm and cozy
feeling for a guy that betrayed his fellow soldiers for political gain. Bush in
the eyes of some didn't do enough but he sure did a lot more then Clinton and
Bush's critics were silent about Clintons draft dodging and war protesting.

I feel Kerry had a right to protest the war but he didn't have to trash his
former comrades while doing it. Who would have thunk it,an admitted war criminal
now running for President in an era when we still hunt down and punish Nazi war
criminals for war crimes .

God help us

Chuck S

That then leaves us with a choice between a potential shirker of duty
and one who betrayed his buddies and trashed them publicly.

What a choice!

Old September 10th 04, 01:27 PM
John

Tammy wrote:

Are you saying that being a blonde is like having alzheimer's?

That's why you never give a blonde the weekend off. . . You have to retrain
them on Monday!
I'm ducking and getting outta here!
John

Old September 10th 04, 02:36 PM
Tammy

Barnyard BOb - wrote in message . ..
Tammy wrote:

I must have been asleep - does that qualify me to be the Republican
Candidate for President?

Oh my....
A blatant attempt to upstage the beloved Ronnie Ray-Gun. g

Barnyard BOb -

Are you saying that being a blonde is like having alzheimer's?
Old September 10th 04, 03:55 PM
Barnyard BOb -

It just gets more and more interesting but is still not relevant to the
election.

Bob Reed

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nonsense.
You parrot others of your 'ilk'. g

For you this may well be true.
For others, it's a data point on a larger picture.

Barnyard BOb - never had too much info

Old September 10th 04, 04:26 PM
Stan Premo

Think how blissful life must be for the insipid dolts who have no
expectations of their elected officials other than they can be selected
simply by voting a straight-party ticket...they're never disappointed, and
history continues to repeat its mistakes!

Old September 10th 04, 04:53 PM
Rich S.

"Stan Premo" wrote in message
Think how blissful life must be for the insipid dolts who have no
expectations of their elected officials other than they can be selected
simply by voting a straight-party ticket...they're never disappointed, and
history continues to repeat its mistakes!

I have a primary ballot in front of me now which *requires* me to select a
single party, and then vote *only* for candidates in that party. Ain't that
just ducky?

Rich "marching in lockstep" S.

Old September 10th 04, 05:27 PM
Rich

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote in message ...

I feel Kerry had a right to protest the war but he didn't have to trash his
former comrades while doing it.

If your white, and you see a white guy beating up a black guy, do you
turn you head just becaue the guy doing the dirty deed is the same
color as you?

Substitute nationality for skin color in the previous example. Does
it change what you do?

Bad things happen in war. And just because your country sees itself
as the "good guys", doesn't mean you all are. Take any random sample
of 100 people and your bound to have a few bad apples, otherwise, our
prisons would be empty. And we sent tens of thousands to Vietnam. So
the idea that none of those tens of thousands did anything wrong is
ludicrous.

I think being an American means standing up for what's right,
regardless of who that puts in the wrong. Kerry did what he thought
was right, and I personally think that what he did took alot more
courage then simply ignoring the atrocities.

Rich
Old September 10th 04, 05:38 PM
W P Dixon

I could not agree more! I know so many who vote Dem or Rep just because
their Daddy did all his life, and like you said the same dolts are put in
year after year with no change to the system. In fact the 2 parties have
done everything they can do to keep a "normal" person from running from
office. For change to happen it will take a change of mindset of the