Re : Military Blames Lap dances

Old February 4th 04, 09:12 PM

Default Re : Military Blames Lap dances

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...reaking_3.html

U.S. military blames lap dances
for declining military discipline

EAST-ASIA-INTEL.COM
Tuesday, February 3, 2004

SEOUL -

The U.S. military has asked South Korea
to ban lap dancing and other lewd acts
at local nightclubs near its bases,
saying they negatively impact military
discipline.

Hold it right there, General.

Order your men not to enter those night clubs.
The officials said the military was taking
similar steps at other bases in the United
States and overseas against lap dancing.

The U.S. Army's 2nd Infantry Division,
which has 15,000 troops near the border
with North Korea,

recently sent letters to the South Korean
Special Tourist Association and local mayors
urging a crack down on lap dancing clubs
near barracks.

Describing
"client-focused exotic dancing"
as the principal cause of
worsening military discipline,

the military letter called for local club
owners to "prohibit any physical contact
between dancers and (U.S.) customers."

South Korean lap dancing clubs are totally
dependent on American customers because
they are not allowed to take local clients.

U.S. officials declined to specify what
they meant by worsening military discipline.

"We are following trends in the United States,"

Lt. Col. Chris Bailey,
the 2nd Infantry Division's
assistant chief of staff,
told the Stars & Stripes newspaper.

The U.S. Forces Korea has consulted
mainland laws banning lap dancing, he said.

The more than 90 American installations
throughout South Korea have long been a
source of friction between residents
living near the U.S. facilities,

who complain of pollution, noise
and traffic from the U.S. bases
and occasional crimes by American troops.

Many crimes committed by U.S. servicemen
involve nightclubs near their barracks.

Amid an increasing number of
American troops accused of crimes,
their legal protection has become
a sensitive issues for the two
governments.

"The USFK will root out any practices
that go contrary to a positive environment
for U.S. soldiers, Korean residents and
people of all nationalities,"

said Chae Yang-To,

a spokesman for the 2nd Infantry Division.

The United States maintains 37,000 troops
in South Korea to help defend it from a
potential conflict with North Korea under
a bilateral defense treaty signed after
the 1950-1953 Korean War.

Old February 4th 04, 09:28 PM
Charlie Wolf

Tuesday, February 3, 2004

SEOUL -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hold it right there, General.

Order your men not to enter those night clubs.

Yea. Whatever happened to "The following local establishments are
off-limits. If you're caught in one of them, it'll come out of your
paycheck."
Regards,

Old February 4th 04, 09:39 PM
Rick Folkers

Ya, outlaw the American soldier's interest
in women. Sure, that will work.

FM's

Old February 4th 04, 10:19 PM
Ragnar

wrote in message

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...reaking_3.html

U.S. military blames lap dances
for declining military discipline

Whats wrong with a lap dance?

Old February 5th 04, 12:22 AM
Horvath

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 06:19:56 +0900, "Ragnar" wrote
this crap:

wrote in message
.. .

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...reaking_3.html

U.S. military blames lap dances
for declining military discipline

Whats wrong with a lap dance?

I don't know. My girlfriend does some pretty good ones. That's how
she makes all her money.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Old February 5th 04, 03:40 AM
Les Matheson

"The floggings will continue until morale improves"

Les

Old February 5th 04, 03:42 AM
Engineer

"K-Ration" wrote in message ...

Damnit Charlie. Then ALL the bars in Korea would be off limits. No
more "steam and cream". Can you imagine Vietnam being off limits??
Everyone beating their meat to the jungle beat?? Pussy is a commodity
of war and peace. We need to be remined what we are fighting for.

Now when I was in Kimchiland, the only places put off limits were those
with high "vidokey" rates and even those came off the list once the
local medics got a piece and came out clean. At Camp Casey, they had a
Top Ten sandwich board at the main gate. Boy would mamasan be ****ed
when she found out her girls were dirty. Then she would lower the price
and you took your chances.

I was going to tell them that it had already been tried and it never worked.
Some people never learn.

Engineer

Old February 5th 04, 05:47 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Les Matheson" wrote in message
"The floggings will continue until morale improves"

Such action would only be necessary if lap dances are prohibited.

I know the only Lone Star I ever enjoyed was one I should not have been
drinking.

Old February 5th 04, 05:50 AM
Krztalizer

key ship's IMC

"...There will be a meeting of the Morale Suppression Team at 2200 hours in the
ship's library. That is all."

Old February 5th 04, 07:16 AM
Ted Gittinger

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Les Matheson" wrote in message
"The floggings will continue until morale improves"

Such action would only be necessary if lap dances are prohibited.

I know the only Lone Star I ever enjoyed was one I should not have been
drinking.

And thereby hangs a tale.

I'll start it off:

You we

A. A airman basic at Lackland AFB;

B. A medic in training at BAMC.

C. A student at Central Catholic High.

You had this experience at:

A. Hipp's Bubble Room

B. The Pan American Cafe

C. Mi Tierra

D. Having a hit on a joint at Tony's Mirror Shine on Houston Street.

By gad, sir, please continue and do not leave us hanging in suspenders.

ted