Passed CFI Knowledge Test

Old August 5th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Moore

Default Passed CFI Knowledge Test

B A R R Y wrote
Does Canada call flight instructors CFI's and CFII's?

Nor do we here in the USofA.

Bob Moore
Flight Instructor, Airplane Single Engine; Instrument Airplane

Old August 5th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Garret

In article ,
"Kobra" wrote:

3) If taking off from an airport w/o a control tower inside Class C
airspace you are required to?

Are there non-towered airports inside Class C? I thought they all had
little cutouts like CCB has.

rg
Old August 5th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Ron Garret wrote:
In article ,
"Kobra" wrote:

3) If taking off from an airport w/o a control tower inside Class C
airspace you are required to?

Are there non-towered airports inside Class C? I thought they all had
little cutouts like CCB has.

There's lots of private strips within the various class C's although it
doesn't matter if they're public or private.
Old August 6th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Bob Moore wrote:
B A R R Y wrote
Does Canada call flight instructors CFI's and CFII's?

Nor do we here in the USofA.

I meant everyone in the US except for Bob Moore. G
Old August 19th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bill

On Aug 4, 3:53*pm, Michael Huber wrote:
Bill wrote:
The concept you are looking for is that there is less asymmetry
when you are higher in altitude.

Well yes, less engine power - less asymmetry (in a non-centerline-thrust
multi-engine aircraft, but for everything else, this discussion is moot
anyway).

Unless it's a turbocharged aircraft.

Obviously.

For 20 extra points, if you can get full sea level manifold pressure
in a TC
airplane, does Vmc decrease with an increase in altitude?

I'm a bit out my depth here, but let me think. It would stay the same if the
engine thrust is constant. That implies two things:
- Constant engine power (which we more or less have, thanks to the
turbocharger)
- Constant prop efficiency. I do not know about that.

So, it really depends on what propellers do at altitude. If they do not
decrease in efficiency, Vmc (indicated) would be constant, if they do
decrease, it would sink (though less dramatically than a
not-turbocharged/normalized aircraft).

However, once we get so high that the prop tips start going supersonic at
normal operating speed (Mach 1 decreases with altitude), we dramatically
loose prop efficiency, so at least at that point, Vmc will start to sink.

So, then. Show me the answer sheet.

The horsepower drops off with altitude increase in a TC airplane
because the induction air temperature rises.

So VMC would go down at higher altitudes in TC airplanes.

As VMC has so many variables, this is of theoretical interest only

BH

Passed CFI Knowledge Test Kobra Piloting 10 August 6th 08 01:37 AM
knowledge test passed, on to accelerated training [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 1 September 15th 04 01:08 PM
Private Written Test Passed ! Greg Piloting 3 March 31st 04 05:57 PM
FAA Knowledge test Dave Piloting 15 October 31st 03 07:32 PM
FAA Knowledge Test Results Richard Moore Simulators 3 October 12th 03 04:48 AM