Sad news WH should be WH1

Old October 22nd 19, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Sad news WH should be WH1

Copied link to comments in another thread (WH.....)....

Comment from our club president........from an email sent to our club......

********
Terrible news. Heartbreaking and so sad. Bill was a devoted and loving husband and father, and he was also devoted to the sport of soaring. As a member of Valley Soaring he was a good friend to all of us, and he contributed so much behind the scenes to our club that many casual observers may have never noticed. He was always using his business expertise to assist us with bookkeeping issues and practices and offering us sage wisdom. He was a champion of our junior program as well. He will be missed by everyone who had the pleasure of knowing him.

***********

As an aside, Bills wife had a bad accident a number of years ago, she has had a long recovery.
They lived on the south shore of Long Island, NY, a few houses from the beach. Then, Hurricane Sandy hit.....major house issues.
Through all this, Bill was basically upbeat.

Sorry to hear yet another family issue to deal with.
Bill will be missed.
Old October 24th 19, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 3:43:56 PM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
[...]

AFAIK, I didn't know Bill, but I wish I did after reading these tributes.
Old October 27th 19, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

He was "fairly new" compared to some others here. I believe under a decade in sailplanes.
I be
I believe he flew contests in PA, NY and New England as well as "Soaring Safaris". Maybe other contests, but but mostly the NE USofA.

For peeps that knew him and are interested....the following from a club email......
***************

Memorial services for Bill will be next week:

Wake:
Friday November 1
Dennis O’Connor Funeral Homes
91-05 Beach Channel Dr
Rockaway Beach, NY 11693
2:00-5:00pm
7:00-9:00pm

Memorial Mass:
Saturday November 2nd
St Francis DeSales Church
129-16 Rockaway Beach Blvd
Rockaway Park, NY 11694
United States
9:45am

*Light refreshments will be provided in the small hall after the service

*In lieu of flowers please consider donating to one of these organizations in my fathers name:
Gilda’s Club
New York Families for Autistic Children.