Uvalde

Old October 26th 12, 01:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Uvalde

Hi
The french,Federation Francaise de Vol a Voile, have a nice magazine on line, Le Journal, this edition, 3rd semester,has a very elogious review of the World in Uvalde. Go to ffvv.org/le journal.
Many nice picture if you cannot read french!
S6
Old October 26th 12, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
folken

On Friday, October 26, 2012 2:12:42 PM UTC+2, wrote:
Hi

The french,Federation Francaise de Vol a Voile, have a nice magazine on line, Le Journal, this edition, 3rd semester,has a very elogious review of the World in Uvalde. Go to ffvv.org/le journal.

Many nice picture if you cannot read french!

S6

Thanks, didn't know that yet. The link to the magazine is:
http://ffvv.org/telecharger-le-fichi...f/PI38-v41.pdf

The article is on page 22.
Old October 26th 12, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

Looks like it starts on page 20. Unfortunately, all in French.

Here is a rough Google translation for those whose French is très
mauvais.

- John

=========================

Texas is Fantastic!

Laurent Aboulin
World Champion!

Of course we expected more, especially
drivers! Because they were all capable. The team
although young in experience was well constructed:
Ruch, European Champion, Bouderlique Champion
Europe, the last 4 Aboulin world, two
2 times in the European Championships two points
first, the last 4 Gerbaud Championship
Europe, the last 2 Walbrou Championship
Europe and Hoyeau with enormous experience
plain ... but that competition was
raised! Also the gold medal weighs Laurent
my eyes, very heavy!

Gold in Open Class is a master stroke before the
German and South African supremacy. In fact,
since the 2000s, has approached
podiums without worrying holders ... With
As such, FFVV teams and high shine.
We can be proud of! Indeed, the German
English and do not have access to gold medals.
Only Polish monopolize medals with gusto.

Lawrence was very rebounded this year after
years at the foot of supreme title ... he was waiting for his "
Quintus'! He was able to exploit very quickly
all circumstances. The pair Sylvain / Lawrence
worked wonderfully. They showed combative
proactive, solid players and especially resistant ...
This is actually a result built for two!

While nearly collapsing at the end of three tests:
Sylvain share with the Germans and Lawrence must
"Take the train" 2 minutes behind. A first
branch without good journey without big varios a
small low point on the horizon and sees Lawrence "Red"
(Stress, doubt, ...) when he hears other
before take off. It took courage
extreme back, select accurately
Vz to pick the best ... That evening, the
two friends are physically and mentally exhausted.
Laurent makes me understand that it does
can not continue. It was therefore decided that Sylvain
continues to mark and identify while Laurent
fly and leave with a good group, but not in
direct contact with the Germans for not feeling
prisoner. It relies on its ability to be
better than the group led by the Germans and
is capable. It takes 3 minutes and the German
J-2 and the last race 4mn winning celleci
: The scope of "grace"! Very beautiful performance,
which I am sure would not have the same taste
within this doublet if flights were not
built a team in perfect harmony!

This great adventure was made possible thanks to the investment
Alain Chaqueneau in Quintus CD. It
is a formidable partner for our teams in
which he believes unabated and I sincerely thank him.

18m class

On paper, it was expected that this will be difficult.
In fact, it was the case! Level in this
class was very high. From the beginning, I asked
fly with the favorites but our pilots
not kept pace! They were dumped in
journey! It took many hours to
find a good set of gliders but too
later. Although the agreement in the pair was
good, so it was very difficult to build
two events and compete with the best,
despite very successful events.

15m class

A pair always dynamic, combative, pleasant
hear fly! The drivers have not been successful
the second test passing "hills" they
plant quarter of an hour ... Then they dragged these
200pts, not much (it plays a few
meager minutes per day in the end) This is also
why we have always believed to reach
the 3 or 4 spot for Louis ... Until the day of
collision! Human fortunately without damage.
Sebastian Kawa turned "insuivable" for our
by pilots flying style to control its
machine on final gliding over 100 km.
The German Sturm was very impressive
regularity and speed before cracking and to
2 big lows. We analyze its nightly
files ... He knows his Asw27 drag and knows
also descend to the edge of the middle to
take large varios powerful.

Organization

This championship was particularly heavy
logistics (planning, transport containers,
recovery trailers, rental vehicles
etc.). The shipping company was very CLASQUIN
effective and human exchanges. There was also
rely on Christophe Véron "Dago"
CFHN old instructor and his American friends
took care of our home and we have facilitated
life there.

Americans have very strong. I've never seen
organization of this quality: managing staff
very well established, routine unsurprisingly briefing
exceptional weather.

All team members were operating at 200%.
Nicolas Véron, equipment manager Pôle France,
oversaw the successful implementation machinery.
All have given a lot to the group and
pilot, the conditions being in the first extreme
fortnight stay. Indeed, the scorching temperatures
were around 50 ° C! The competition
was very hard.

The atmosphere within the group was remarkable.
The French are "block"! They convey an image
welded group, organized, strong, marked by
support visits of our friends Alain Chaqueneau,
François Dubreuil, Yann Erström, our President
Jean-Emile Rouaux, Secretary General of the
FFVV Jean-Pierre Gauthereau and the DTN
Hervé Perrin to confirm their confidence.
And thank you for your encouragement,
advice "coaching" from a distance.

In conclusion, this championship was a great
believed. Drivers know and measure the opportunity
great to be able to participate. They have accumulated
85 hours of flying in typed "big time."

This is an additional maturity gained during this
world, an asset for the next championships
2014 World Leszno in Poland. In the meantime,
all the staff are remobilized quickly Championships
World gliders without that component
held in January 2013 Adolfo Gonzales Chavez
Argentina. Por favor!

Eric Napoleon
National coach FFVV

Results

15 m
Christophe Ruch - Ventus 2 EY - 8th
Louis Bouderlique - ASG 29 FB - 18th

18 m
Killian WALBROU - JS1 FA - 17th
Frédéric Hoyeau - JS1 FC - 23rd

Open
Laurent Aboulin - Quintus CD - 1
Sylvain GERBAUD - Quintus 72 - 13th
Old October 26th 12, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Friday, October 26, 2012 7:32:20 AM UTC-5, folken wrote:
On Friday, October 26, 2012 2:12:42 PM UTC+2, wrote: Hi The french,Federation Francaise de Vol a Voile, have a nice magazine on line, Le Journal, this edition, 3rd semester,has a very elogious review of the World in Uvalde. Go to ffvv.org/le journal. Many nice picture if you cannot read french! S6 Thanks, didn't know that yet. The link to the magazine is: http://ffvv.org/telecharger-le-fichi...f/PI38-v41.pdf The article is on page 22.

Very nice, indeed! Now, any chance we can get all the other publications with an article on the Worlds to make that one issue freely available to everyone who would like to download a copy? How about it, SSA? Could you make that issue of SOARING available for download to the rest of the world? Would love to be able to get copies of all the world-wide soaring related magazines with their articles on the World Championships. If not the complete issue, at least the article on the contest?

Steve Leonard
Old October 26th 12, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It is noteworthy that the French federation make their magazine openly available to everyone, to help grow the sport, as opposed to the SSA who steadfastly refuse to, not even the historical issues - if the situation has not changed recently - which is very unfortunate, IMHO

John Leibacher
Old October 27th 12, 08:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

There is the very nice Canadian magazine "Free Flight - Vol Libre". Lasyt available numer he http://www.sac.ca/index2.php?option=...07 &Itemid=88

But you'll have to wait for the next installment to get a report from Uvalde.
Old October 28th 12, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly

On Oct 27, 3:00*am, wrote:
There is the very nice Canadian magazine "Free Flight - Vol Libre". Lasyt available numer hehttp://www.sac.ca/index2.php?option=...iew&gid=607 &...

But you'll have to wait for the next installment to get a report from Uvalde.

In the issue bookmarked above, an article on Brian Milner's 2000km
flight from Mifflin this spring, Jerzy on winning the US 18m
Nationals, a look at a simulator in a box, a tribute to Oscar
Boesch... and more.
Old October 29th 12, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

The latest copy of the "Free Flight - Vol Libre" with material from Uvalde is available here

http://www.sac.ca/index2.php?option=...14 &Itemid=88

The links on the front page of the SAC web page will be updated shortly..

Cheers,
Luke Szczepaniak

Old October 30th 12, 03:23 PM
Helge_Zembold Helge_Zembold is offline
Junior Member

Location: Ingolstadt, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Leonard[_2_] View Post
On Friday, October 26, 2012 7:32:20 AM UTC-5, folken wrote:[color=blue][i]
Now, any chance we can get all the other publications with an article on the Worlds to make that one issue freely available to everyone who would like to download a copy? How about it, SSA? Could you make that issue of SOARING available for download to the rest of the world? Would love to be able to get copies of all the world-wide soaring related magazines with their articles on the World Championships. If not the complete issue, at least the article on the contest?
Hi Steve,

here is the link to the latest (and unfortunately last) issue of "segelfliegen INTERNATIONAL", the digital english edition of Germany's most popular gliding magazine. If you scroll down and click on the magazine's cover, you can browse through the eZine and read the article on WGC. I think you can zoom three double pages free of charge. We have basically the same article in our German edition too.

https://www.zinio.com/checkout/publi... gverl_SIE_ci

Bye,
Helge Zembold (Chief Editor)

Uvalde Day 6 BB Soaring 0 August 14th 08 03:16 AM
Uvalde no fly day BB Soaring 0 August 12th 08 01:28 AM
Uvalde Day 5 BB Soaring 0 August 11th 08 03:38 AM
Uvalde Day 4 BB Soaring 0 August 10th 08 04:31 AM
Uvalde Day 3 BB Soaring 1 August 9th 08 03:50 AM