A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Home Built
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

State Of Michigan Sales/Use Tax

Old August 9th 04, 04:41 PM
Rich S.
external usenet poster

Default State Of Michigan Sales/Use Tax

State Of Michigan Sales/Use TaxI'll offer $250, delivered.

Rich S.
"Bryan Martin" wrote in message ...
I have just completed my Zenith CH 601 XL and am about the contact the inspector to set up the airworthiness inspection. Pretty soon I'm going to have to deal with the State of Michigan concerning the registration and sales tax. I am interested in hearing from anyone concerning their experience with the state on this issue. According to the tax form, I will owe taxes based on the full purchase price or retail value of the aircraft, whichever is greater. How do I determine the retail value and what kind of proof does the state require? The plane was built from a kit purchased from the factory in Missouri and I have a converted Subaru auto engine installed.

Bryan Martin