State Of Michigan Sales/Use Tax

Old August 9th 04, 04:41 PM
Rich S.

Default State Of Michigan Sales/Use Tax

State Of Michigan Sales/Use TaxI'll offer $250, delivered.

Rich S.
"Bryan Martin" wrote in message ...
I have just completed my Zenith CH 601 XL and am about the contact the inspector to set up the airworthiness inspection. Pretty soon I'm going to have to deal with the State of Michigan concerning the registration and sales tax. I am interested in hearing from anyone concerning their experience with the state on this issue. According to the tax form, I will owe taxes based on the full purchase price or retail value of the aircraft, whichever is greater. How do I determine the retail value and what kind of proof does the state require? The plane was built from a kit purchased from the factory in Missouri and I have a converted Subaru auto engine installed.

Bryan Martin