1979 Tiger for Sale

Old August 25th 03, 04:42 AM
Satellite

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
"Satellite" wrote:
I don't think that's the issue here. (PPL - 110h) Why are you

trying to
discredit me anyways?

You did that yourself when you failed to notice that Flynn's Tiger has
a fairly fresh engine whereas the Cessnas you were touting were all
near or past TBO. You also said you wouldn't fly in anything older
than 20 years, a silly prejudice.

I drive a newer car and want a newer plane, easy. Has nothing to do with
prejudice, good taste maybe. I don't fly a plane with such a hiddious
looking interiour, that's for sure... Reminds me to much of a junker I drove
when I was jung...

Running out of arguments?

You also disregarded the fact that the Tiger has an autopilot worth
several thousand dollars.

Almost all newer Cessnas have autopilots too.

If you buy the Tiger you will have to update the avionics sooner or

later -
this will cost you incl. install about $20000 to $25000 -

They've already been upgraded and will be ok for as long as the
Cessnas' will.

Yes, upgraded to a nonmatching set from different manufacturers. If you like
to fly like that, ok. I call that JUNK!!!

And don't talk to me like I am an idiot,

Don't pop up in this newsgroup calling another poster's airplane a
joke without knowing what you're talking about - someone might think
you're an idiot.

I was an aircraft mechanic and
helicopter mechanic in the German Army - I did my research.

Then how come you didn't know the going price for a nice '79 Tiger?

Show me one who pays that price! Good luck, he's gonna need it...

If you want to by a runout Skyhawk and turn it into a diesel science
project, fine, please tell us all about it. But Flynn will probably
get what he's asking for the Tiger, and whoever buys it will pass you
on the airway.

We talk about a runout, outdated Tiger. The Cessnas only need an engine
overhaul. And that's not a science project. It's approved in the USA and the
engine will also be used in the new Diamond aircrafts!

It looks to me like you have no idea what you are talking about. Why don't
you get it - It's still a 20 year old Tiger. But I think you are not a
stupid as you appear, since you fly a C172. But you do pay a lot more for RG
without getting much in return. Go figure...

And if he CAN sell it for that price. Congrats, there must be a lot more
idiots flying than I thought - it scares me... Kennedy jr. and John Denver
come to mind. One with no gas and no proper license and no medical in an
homebuild and the other flying into IFR without proper rating and after he
was warned not to go in a new plane he was not yet comfortable with (or he
would used the auto pilot)...
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old August 25th 03, 04:44 AM
Flynn

That wasn't aimed at you Nate. Bad targetting on my reply to the group
messed up the placement....

I will say I flew 172's in training, an Aerobat for spins, Extra 300L's for
EMT/Aero and an SR22....the Tiger's a great handler, 182 fast on 172 fuel,
and has visibility with the best I've flown.

"Flynn" wrote in message
Wow! While I was out flying down to MMV at 139KTAS (7500' @ 30.03 and

51F)
a troll wandered by.....

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
om...
"Satellite" wrote in message

. com...
Sorry for my comment, but can't hold back:
How do you come up with a ridiculous price like that.
Your plane is an old pile of junk.
Compare it to a 1997 to 1999 Cessna 172!
They are available from $75000 and up...

That's a bold statement. The Cessna's you posted had runout engines,
and cruise 15 kts slower than the Tiger.

-Nathan

Old August 25th 03, 04:50 AM
Satellite

I get it.
It's like driving an 1979 Porsche or Corvette convertible.
Nice if you like old stuff.

Old August 25th 03, 05:39 AM
Flynn

You aren't an A&P and I doubt you're a pilot either....what you are is
clueless. I've never met anyone with either certification that says the
dumb ass stuff you've posted here.

What you are is a troll. 'Nuff said

om...

Old August 25th 03, 05:57 AM
Satellite

What you believe is your beer.
Stating that I am not an A&P is simply retarded - I was. You doubt that I am
a pilot - I doubt that you have a brain. How can you make such statements
without knowing me you stupid ****. And while you're at it - go buy the
****ing Tiger and waste your money on old junk. You got my blessings...

Old August 25th 03, 06:08 AM
Satellite

Sorry, I overlooked - you own the plane currently, Flynn. Well, good luck
selling it then. As stated before, you will need it. And congratulations on
your new buy. I like the Cirrus design. Except the sidestick - but this
would open another discussion I rather avoid here.
Sat

m...

Old August 25th 03, 02:51 PM
Roger Tracy

Why do you guys even respond to this flame bait?

Nice plane, Flynn. It'll sell.

m...

Old August 25th 03, 03:45 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Satellite wrote:

Sorry for my comment, but can't hold back:

You seem to be doing real well with that lure. What sort of trolling motor
are you using?

George Patterson
Brute force has an elegance all its own.
Old August 25th 03, 05:49 PM
Aarfy

Amen.

Why have a battle of wits with an unarmed man (troll)...

"Roger Tracy" wrote in message
Why do you guys even respond to this flame bait?

Nice plane, Flynn. It'll sell.

m...

Old August 26th 03, 03:00 AM
RDA

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Satellite wrote:

Sorry for my comment, but can't hold back:

You seem to be doing real well with that lure. What sort of trolling motor
are you using?

George Patterson
Brute force has an elegance all its own.

Remember, he ain't fum nowheres aroun' hyear.....

Satellite the Troll admitted in an earlier post that:

"I was an aircraft mechanic and
helicopter mechanic in the German Army "

Wonder what kind of visa he's here on....because

Satellite the Troll admitted in an earlier post that:

"I fly in Florida..."

Makes ya wanna go "Hmmmmmmm".