Flight line trailer ideas required

Old September 1st 15, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mas

Default Flight line trailer ideas required

Our present flight line trailer is 35+years old and our membership would like a change. Included is a recent foto of the trailer. There is a roof mounted solar panel for the radio/P.A. system and a weather station. Members find it too high and one has to look up to our flight line manager. One idea was to install smaller wheels (gold cart size)in order to bring down the height while another would be to install separate shelters at either end of the runway. What does your club use for an ops center?
http://s79.photobucket.com/user/mas5...g.html?filters[user]=142454106&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
Old September 1st 15, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Open pavilion with picnic table and perimeter seating. Floor is 8" about ground level.

At other end of runway, two picnic tables under shade trees. Grass runway.

Combined ops, informal ground school, and socializing. Very pleasant place to spend some time.

Old September 1st 15, 10:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 18:14:23 -0700, mas wrote:

What does your club use for an ops center?

An ex-Scout bus with seating rearranged so it faces in along both sides
with a table in the centre for briefings, etc. We add boxes to hold
ballast and removable seat-backs for club gliders and hooks for winch
strops, etc. We get replacement busses cheap when they're no longer road-
worthy but still good for use on the airfield and replace them when they
are no longer economic to keep running. Our airfield is private land and
is separated from public roads by a longish private road.

We also have wooden picnic tables&benches at the 2-3 points round the
field where we regularly set up the launch point. Our field is an ex-WW2
bomber base with three grass runways, 04/22, 09/27 and 16/34. The
prevailing wind is along 22.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK