NOAA GSD Interactive Skew-T - Now using HTML5 - No Java! Works on Ipads

Old May 21st 14, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default NOAA GSD Interactive Skew-T - Now using HTML5 - No Java! Works on Ipads

FYI...

Bill Moninger's Interactive Skew-T web site now no longer requires a Java plugin. Instead it uses HTML5.

For you non techies.. this means that you can get rid of the Java plugin in your browser. The HTML5 version is working well in production and beta. You can now use the site on your Ipads!

http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov/gwt/

Read the instructions link

http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov/gwt/help.html

Walt Rogers WX
Old May 21st 14, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 6:03:16 PM UTC-7, WaltWX wrote:
FYI...

Bill Moninger's Interactive Skew-T web site now no longer requires a Java plugin. Instead it uses HTML5.

For you non techies.. this means that you can get rid of the Java plugin in your browser. The HTML5 version is working well in production and beta. You can now use the site on your Ipads!

http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov/gwt/

Read the instructions link

http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov/gwt/help.html

Walt Rogers WX

Great news - this has been an issue for all of us!

Mike

Old May 27th 14, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:32:10 AM UTC-4, Andrew wrote:
[...]

Wow - thanks! Now I can view the skew-T's in Chrome and no longer have to deal with IE. Anyone know how/if I can get XCSkies to use this site rather than the Java-based one?

TIA,

Frank (TA)
Old June 11th 14, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:35:35 PM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

The interface is a little different to implement and we've (XC Skies) sent Bill and email for permission as well. Hopefully soon!

-Chris
Old September 2nd 15, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 7:54:50 PM UTC+3, wrote:
[...]

any resolution on this?
soundings are available on other sites, but it'd be great if XCSkies Skew T worked.
Old September 2nd 15, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 11:39:29 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Hi Frank (TA), Welcome back!
Glad you are still interested in soundings. What about soaring?
Old September 2nd 15, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Hi Herb, Frank's post is over a year old
Old October 9th 16, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, 3 September 2015 02:37:07 UTC+9, Tony wrote:
Hi Herb, Frank's post is over a year old

And now it is another year old and Skew T still doesn't work with chrome....
Old October 9th 16, 06:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 9:00:24 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, 3 September 2015 02:37:07 UTC+9, Tony wrote:
Hi Herb, Frank's post is over a year old

And now it is another year old and Skew T still doesn't work with chrome....

I'm using Chrome on a MAC, works great! Be sure to go to http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov/gwt/
That is the HTML5 site, not sure the Java site even exists anymore. I'm using Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit). Hope this helps.

Brad