A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

iSoar - Mac native analysis and planning software

Old June 6th 16, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default iSoar - Mac native analysis and planning software

What file formats are supported. I've been able to figure out a few by trial and error but wonder which ones work best. I entered .cup format waypoints which show up on the map but they do not have any labels.
Old June 7th 16, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 11:33:59 AM UTC-7, Karl Kunz wrote:
What file formats are supported. I've been able to figure out a few by trial and error but wonder which ones work best. I entered .cup format waypoints which show up on the map but they do not have any labels.

Koen, I answered my own questions after I found the manual on your web site. Thanks, great app.
Old June 9th 16, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]
external usenet poster

Crashed (tried 5x to be sure) every time I tried to open an IGc file which I downloaded from OLC. Worked on my native IGC file from my Nano.

I'll give it one star, maybe. Needs to be more robust.

For what it's worth, the IGC file from OLC opened perfectly on the Gamma IGC reader app. Again, FAILED on the iSoar app.

Sean
Old June 9th 16, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]
external usenet poster

Thanks to Koen (iSoar developer) for immediately reaching out and taking a look at the file that did not work for me. An OS IGC review tool would be wonderful to have. Improving on SeeYou should be possible and I wish him luck in meeting that goal.

For $20 bucks, it has great potential from a convienence standpoint alone for Apple users. I hope it can do multiple flights for contest review. A 3D view would be my next wish!

Sean
Old June 10th 16, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]
external usenet poster

Nice note from Koen this morning:

"Dear Sean,

First of all my apologies for iSoar not performing as it should.

Before releasing it, I downloaded and imported literally 100-150 flights from OLC, and all went ok. I now also tested some of your other flights, and it seems to work fine, except for this one flight. Unfortunately I did not come across it when testing.

I tracked down the error and iSoar imports the flight correctly, but then crashes in the analysing module. I'm working on a fix and will upload it to the App Store asap.

At this moment iSoar is not able to display multiple flights. It is on the todo list, but will still take some time to implement.

I let you know when a fix is in the App Store.

Best regards,

Koen"

No that is great customer support! Thank you Koen!