150 HP Grumman Super Yankee FS

Old October 25th 03, 03:48 AM
Bill Berle

Default 150 HP Grumman Super Yankee FS

FIRST, My ebay auction is getting very close to the reserve price. There are
two days left. I anticipate having a successful auction. Again, this is a
pretty nice plane, and will make someone a great little sportplane that
lives up to the "poor man's RV-6" legend. With a set of DMA's new improved
speed wheel pants, their LG cleanup kit, and a set of my sneaky sailplane
style mylar gap seals, this could be a 130-140 knot cruising speed aircraft.
It ECONOMY cruises at 110kt at 2300 RPM now without any of that. The
sportscar handling and crisp control response makes flying the Yankee a much
more testosterone-filled experience than a Brand C or Brand P aircraft.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2438538813

I have also experimented with some 600 grit wet sandpaper, #7 rubbing
compound and a good polish/wax, and I have found a way to make the clearcoat
paint issues mentioned in my auction much much better. When this procedure
is done on the three or four square feet of bad clearcoat, the plane will be
a 9 instead of an 8.

SECOND, who I can only presume is someone who knows me asked "Is
Satan dead yet?"

You'll have to be more specific. There are at present about FOUR people who
should hope and pray that I never have $50,000 and the phone number of a
retired CIA operative at the same time. Which one of those lucky four were
you referring to?

By the way, regarding my financial setback that forces the sale of this
really cute little airplane... does anyone here happen to have the GPS
coordinates of the Kern County district attorney's office building, AND a
used, flyable, and autopilot-operational KC-135 laying around?

Reply off-list cause I don't check the newsgroups often...too many folks of
ill repute or worse hanging about these parts!

auster5 (at) earthlink (dot) net

Bill Berle