Rivet advise please

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 21st 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
mhorowit

Default Rivet advise please

I have to replace the trailing edge end of a stamped aluminum rib from
a '47 Tcraft. I've cut away the corroded portion, bent metal to
replace that part and would like to use Cherry "N" rivets to hold it
in place.

I have some questions regarding what spec to look for when ordering.
A. Rivet Material: 5052 Aluminum or 5056 - does it make any
difference for this old a rib?
B. Mandrel Material: Aluminum or steel - am I correct that
dissimilar metals could cause a problem and I should stick with
aluminum? In that case why make a steel mandrel?

Thanks in Advance - Mike

Rivet Guns tdfsks Home Built 3 July 21st 05 01:43 AM
Brake Rivet Problem Jonathan Goodish Owning 12 May 18th 05 08:14 PM
Another Rivet Question c hinds Home Built 6 October 31st 04 04:25 PM
WTB: Rivet 3x ,Hand Sqeezer, Ken B Aviation Marketplace 0 September 12th 04 11:49 PM
need link for SS rivet supplier Charles S Home Built 1 May 9th 04 02:34 AM