Query about voyager aviation

Old October 2nd 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected][_1_]

Default Query about voyager aviation

Hi everybody,

My name is Sidharth Mohan. I am an Indian. I am planning to apply to
voyager aviation for a professional pilot course, but I dont have any
means to get a first hand feedback about the institute. So, I was
hoping that you guys could help me out in this respect. I would like to
know how good the institute is, and is it a good place to put my money
into.

Also, me being an foriegn student (Indian), would I be allowed to work
part-time while I am studying there.

Hoping to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks
Sidharth.

Old October 3rd 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hello
The rental rates seam high but that is common for academies. It's
probably safe to assume this is partly because they keep there
equipment in good condition with good avionics. I got my PPL at an FBO
here in Iowa for $50 to $55per hour for a cessna 150. Instruction was
$30/hr which is common. I now own a c150 and joined an aero club where
instruction is $25/hr and a c150 rents for $47/hr. Training at an
academy will be more consistent of a schedule when compared to an FBO.
As far as a job if you have a working visa I would recomend working the
line at an FBO and eventually instructing there. Expect to spend more
time than is shown in the training sylabus but probably not much more
than 250 hrs by the time your ready for the commercial. You will
however have more dual time than is listed which is not a bad thing
(accounting for checkouts in aircraft, proficiency when you want to try
something new). After receiving your license there are other ways to
build time than renting, you just have to look for them. Try joining
CAP or finding somebody needing a safety pilot after you get your
private certificate. Looks like its based at a fun airport.
Best wishes

Mike W

Old October 3rd 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hello Mike,

Thanks a lot for your response. Actually, I am planning to join
voyager aviation for the Professional Pilot Course-Flight Instructor &
Captain in training FAA part 135
(http://www.voyageraviation.com/courses.html).

This particular course allows me to get my FAA CPL in the first year
and then build up the flying hours the next year by working at voyager
aviation as a flight instructor. So, by the end of the second year I
would be having around 1500 hours of flying and would be eligible for
appearing for the ATPL. So, what do you think about this course?
Would this course be the right platform for me to become an airline
pilot? (which is what want to be doing.)

Regards,

Sidharth.

Old October 5th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

(
http://www.voyageraviation.com/courses.html).

This particular course allows me to get my FAA CPL in the first year
and then build up the flying hours the next year by working at voyager
aviation as a flight instructor. So, by the end of the second year I
would be having around 1500 hours of flying and would be eligible for
appearing for the ATPL. So, what do you think about this course?
Would this course be the right platform for me to become an airline
pilot? (which is what want to be doing.)

Regards,

Sidharth.

Since I'm not familiar with this school there's not much more I can say
but if you want to become a airline pilot I would recommend getting as
much twin engine time as possilbe. Do they allow you to go up and
start flying charters after you get your multi while instructing? I'm
friends with an ATA 757 1st officer who started flying cargo in smaller
twins first but then again he was a flight engineer on the Boeings
before he was a pilot.
Best of Luck

Mike W