Navy sues to get return of F3A-1 wreck

Old March 29th 04, 10:23 PM
Mike Weeks

From: Lyle
Date: 3/29/2004 04:07 Pacific Standard Time

On 28 Mar 2004 21:33:14 GMT,
ojunk (Mike Weeks) wrote:

From: Orval Fairbairn

Date: 3/27/2004 20:46 Pacific Standard Time

In article ,
362436 (Ron) wrote:

The Navy did the same thing too after some people pulled some planes WW2
aircraft out of the gulf of mexico.

Seems rather silly to me.

Ron
Tanker 65, C-54E (DC-4)

As the saying goes, "The Navy is 200 years of tradition unhampered by
progress."

I think its just that the USG never gives up "anything" unless it states so

in
very specific language. This isn't the first time it's taken such action,

as
noted above.

could it be to prevent anybody from possibly disturbing a possible
ship wreck/plane crash that also doubles as a coffin/cementary? Him
removing the fighter would probably be the equivilent to somebody
raising the Monitor or Arizona. Just a thought.

While that indeed can be a reason, in this case, as w/ many other aircraft
wreckage sites, that doesn't appear to apply. From another article on the
subject:

"In fact, the plane that crashed in North Carolina on Dec. 19, 1944,
was on a training flight from the Cherry Point Marine Corps Training
Station. The pilot died and Navy personnel stripped the downed
aircraft of its weapons and other equipment before leaving it,
according to people familiar with the history of the plane."

In addition if one thinks about what has been USG policy in general; it's to
return discovered remains for a proper burial. For a states-side crash that
wouldn't seem to be an issue.

As has been stated by others, it's the actual wreck itself that the gov't
claims to own -- still.

MW
Old March 30th 04, 01:23 AM
Jim Yanik

ojunk (Mike Weeks) wrote in
:

From: Lyle

Date: 3/29/2004 04:07 Pacific Standard Time

On 28 Mar 2004 21:33:14 GMT,

From: Orval Fairbairn

Date: 3/27/2004 20:46 Pacific Standard Time

In article ,
362436 (Ron) wrote:

[...]

What happened to those abandoned P-38s that were under ice in
Greenland,that some entepreneur was recovering? Did the US Navy take those
back? Or request some legal transfer of ownership?

Did the guy ever get any P-38s out of there?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old March 30th 04, 02:50 AM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
Jim Yanik writes:

What happened to those abandoned P-38s that were under ice in
Greenland,that some entepreneur was recovering? Did the US Navy take those
back? Or request some legal transfer of ownership?

Did the guy ever get any P-38s out of there?

One of the P-38s has not only been recovered, but is now flying as
"Glacier Girl" (N5757).

The big difference there is that the P-38 wasn't a Navy-owned
aircraft. The U.S. Army/U.S.A.F isn't as tetchy on the subject as
the Navy is.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old March 30th 04, 03:15 AM
Felger Carbon

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .

What happened to those abandoned P-38s that were under ice in
Greenland,that some entepreneur was recovering? Did the US Navy take

those
back? Or request some legal transfer of ownership?

**Navy** P-38s?? ;-)

Old March 30th 04, 08:14 AM
John Keeney

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
What happened to those abandoned P-38s that were under ice in
Greenland,that some entepreneur was recovering? Did the US Navy take those
back? Or request some legal transfer of ownership?

Did the guy ever get any P-38s out of there?

The one P-38 was recovered years ago, I believe it was '92.
After about ten years of restoration it now flies in air shows
out of south eastern Kentucky as "Glacier Girl".
I believe the web site is http://www.thelostsquadron.com/

This wasn't a Navy plane but a USAAF/USAF plane when it
was abandoned. It and the other P-38s and the B-17 with
them were deeded over to Denmark(?) as Greenland was their
territory. The recovery rights to the planes were obtained
from there.
There have been others since then wishing to recover more
of the planes but no more expeditions have made it to the ice
that I'm aware of. One possible reason is the cost, I was told
by one of the guys involved that the recovery and restoration
totaled about the twice the cost of an open market purchase.

Old March 30th 04, 08:26 PM
montgomery_scott

MIKE WEEKS, USS LIBERTY USS LIBERTY MURDERS ISRAEL AHRON JAY CRISTOL
A. JAY CRISTOL GOVERNMENT OF ISRAEL GOI IDF THE LIBERTY INCIDENT
ASSAULT ON THE LIBERTY JIM ENNES JAMES ENNES JAMES A. ENNES JOE
MEADORS WAR CRIME stan engel shipfixr dn roberta hatch sheldon
lieberman little_people Ward Boston Admiral Thomas Moorer Robert
McNamara LBJ 30mm with proximity fusing 30mm cannon with
proximity fusing 30mm cannon shell with proximity fusing

kevin brooks said this:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:...g.goog le.com

"No idea, but a good point. Heck, I am still waiting for ol' Mikey to
tell me of his vast experience in dealing with "arrogant jet jockeys",
since he made such a big deal of it. Odd how he gets rather quiet when
called upon his own "qualifications"."

Bwaaaaahaaa! LOL!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

C'mon mikey... tell an old scot your qualifications, laddie!

Tank Fixer wrote in message nk.net...
In article ,
on 28 Mar 2004 12:02:09 -0800,
montgomery_scott attempted to say .....

Mikey! are y'pretending to'be something you're not with the readership
ON THIS THREAD also????

Someone's off their meds I'd say...

Accch! m'wee bairn... I'll give y'warp factor eight and maybe a wee
bit more...

Someone's off their meds I'd say...

You're no giving credit where credit is due, m'wee bairn.... "somebody
being off their meds" implies an organic basis for a true clinical
condition...

AS OPPOSED TO

Somebody's off their ROCKER I'd say

would give the proper amount of credit to someone who has worked hard
to perfect his "messianic delusions of grandeur"...(my motions are a
wee bit "mechanical" as i suppinate my palms and roll my eyes
heavenward, laddie...but w'practice and an attitude of dedication I'll
have it perfected soon)....

....but as of yet, I haven't been able to delude myself into believing
I was a "jet fighter pilot" like Mike Weeks who got caught by Kevin
Brooks bull****ting about his military accomplishments...

HERE IS THE POST:
kevin brooks said this:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:...g.goog le.com

"No idea, but a good point. Heck, I am still waiting for ol' Mikey to
tell me of his vast experience in dealing with "arrogant jet jockeys",
since he made such a big deal of it. Odd how he gets rather quiet when
called upon his own "qualifications"."

Bwaaaaahaaa! LOL!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

C'mon mikey... tell an old scot your qualifications, laddie!

Joe...perhaps the Zionist shills would prefer the $10,000 reward to be
offerred for the:

1)production of a 30mm cannon shell with proximity fusing using
materials available in 1967!!!!

Bwahhaaa!!!! ROTFLMAO! LOL!!!

or maybe...snicker

2)the production of the joystick of the jet fighter craft that A. Jay
Cristol used while he was flying all of those combat missions in the
Far East during the Korean War

Bwahhaaa!!!! ROTFLMAO! LOL!!!

or maybe...

3)the production of the documentation outling Cristol's service in
Naval Intelligence!!!

Bwahhaaa!!!! ROTFLMAO! LOL!!!

or maybe...

4) the hyperlink where Zionist shill Mike Weeks explains to the google
readership what Weeks's qualifications as a Naval ...ahem... "jet
fighter pilot" from the "Data Entry Squadron were!!!!

REMENBER THE POST WHERE KEVIN BROOKS CAUGHT MIKE WEEKS BULL****TING
ABOUT BEING A "JET FIGHTER PILOT" WHEN IN REALITY HE WAS A "COMPUTER
OPERATOR" FROM "THE DATA ENTRY SQUADRON"...HERE IT IS FAITHFULLY
REPRODUCED...

Date: 3/29/2004 17:50 Pacific Standard Time

The big difference there is that the P-38 wasn't a Navy-owned
aircraft. The U.S. Army/U.S.A.F isn't as tetchy on the subject as
the Navy is.

Which brings up an interesting question in it's own right. Why might that be
the case?

WHICH BRINGS UP A GOOD QUESTION IN ITS OWN RIGHT. WHMIGHT THAT BE THE
CASE, MIKEY THAT YOU BULL****TED ABOUT BEING A "JET FIGHTER PILOT"???

....AND THEN...snicker... RAN AWAY FROM YOUR OWN WORDS WHEN Kevin
Brooks called you on it???

Bwaaahhhhaaa! ROTFLMAO!!! LOL!!!

MW