When did Iran get C-130's in the first place?

Old December 6th 05, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default When did Iran get C-130's in the first place?

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"john smith" wrote in message

In article ,
"xerj" wrote:

Are they legacy aircraft from the days of the Shah?

Yep!!
Along with the F-14 Tomcats.
I understand there are a lot of parts they need now available in the
Arizona desert now.

As far as C-130 parts there are several in the street in Tehran.

was that ment to be funny?
Old December 6th 05, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Are they legacy aircraft from the days of the Shah?

Old December 6th 05, 11:17 PM
clipclip clipclip is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerj
Are they legacy aircraft from the days of the Shah?
yes they are - at least that's what the AVWEB article i read stated.

francois
Old December 7th 05, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I like the fact that they are blaming the crash on Americans.
Apparently, if we were selling them parts for their military aircraft,
this wouldn't have happened.

-Robert

Old December 7th 05, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message oups.com...
I like the fact that they are blaming the crash on Americans.
Apparently, if we were selling them parts for their military aircraft,
this wouldn't have happened.

-Robert

They are probably blaming the Americans because they are not selling the parts to them...

OT, remember the guys that were convicted and sent to jail for conspiring to sell C-130 parts to Iran?

Old December 7th 05, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

..Blueskies. wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message oups.com...
I like the fact that they are blaming the crash on Americans.
Apparently, if we were selling them parts for their military aircraft,
this wouldn't have happened.

-Robert

They are probably blaming the Americans because they are not selling the parts to them...

OT, remember the guys that were convicted and sent to jail for conspiring to sell C-130 parts to Iran?

So Reagan didn't throw in any spare parts in exchange for our hostages
?

JG

Old December 7th 05, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

So Reagan didn't throw in any spare parts in exchange for our hostages
?

JG

Any he would have given them way back then.. would be well used up by now..

BT

Old December 7th 05, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Israel has been buying parts from us and selling them to Iran for
years.

Started with the hostage operation as I recall.

Big John