Brit 'prisoners', held by Iran

Old April 4th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
qui si parla Campagnolo

Default Brit 'prisoners', held by Iran

On Apr 3, 9:50 am, "Jeb" wrote:
On Mar 30, 8:09 pm, "TJ" wrote:

On 30 Mar, 13:35, "qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:

I know they aren't at 'war', but what ever happened to 'name, rank,
ssn and date of birth? Why would they think it ok to blab apologies on
Iranian TV, considering they are not really threatened in any way??

Sorry, don't get it.

P C chisholm
Retired Phighter pilot

The guys detained in 2004 had mock executions carried out on them. All
said 'sorry' on camera to the Iranian people and all said that they
were being well cared for.
Most of these guys would say anything to get released early. It is now
called the BIG6, but it really goes out the window in such situations.
Those guys are not
trained in resistance to interrogation. Those guys in 2004 said sorry
tongue in cheek style to aid their release. The only people trained in
that in the UK are aircrew and special forces. The female is obviously
having lots of pressure put on her to write those letters.

One wonders if there are meds/drugs involved...that might explain the
general happiness that the hostages seem to be exhibiting.

We're gonna find out, they are being released this AM, Boulder time

Old April 4th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
qui si parla Campagnolo

On Apr 1, 3:20 pm, "DominicSantini"
wrote:
"Al G" wrote in message

Iranian TV, considering they are not really threatened in any way??

Where did you get this? What makes you think they weren't threatened?

Would you make a tape like that without some, shall we say

"encouragement"?

Nope, me neither.

Al G

Just wondering, at what point is the "threshold"
of tolerance violated (in terms of their capture)
being classified as an "act of war", and Iran, as
a state is treated as an enemy subject to military
retribution ?

That dumbass Jimmy Carter (we won't go into naming
a submarine after him), allowed the Iranians to
humiliate & torture US citizens for an obscenely
long time.

Let's hope the Brit's don't take Carter's lead.

Wasn't there a report that a UK destroyer in the
area was told not to engage the kidnappers during
the time the sailors were forcibly abducted ?

They "shoulda" blown the Iranians out of the water
right then & there. If I was CO of a DDG and some
sand monkeys were abducting my sailors, i'd be damned
if I'd let them get away with it!

Agree, it would be worth standing in front of the long green table.

Old April 6th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
qui si parla Campagnolo

On Mar 30, 5:35 am, "qui si parla Campagnolo"
wrote:
I know they aren't at 'war', but what ever happened to 'name, rank,
ssn and date of birth? Why would they think it ok to blab apologies on
Iranian TV, considering they are not really threatened in any way??

Sorry, don't get it.

P C chisholm
Retired Phighter pilot

Sounds like they did a great job, Bravo Zulu to them......probably
spoke too soon critisizing them