Come on Guys! Take this Challenge!

Old October 17th 05, 11:43 PM
Toks Desalu

Default Come on Guys! Take this Challenge!

The message below was taken from AOPA website:
----------
Protect your freedom to fly by commenting on the ADIZ today. On Wednesday
one AOPA member put up this challenge to his fellow pilots: "Let's
see...we've got 400,000 AOPA members, 650,000 certificated pilots...and just
the word out to all your pilot friends!"
---------

Only 5000 responses!!?? AOPA needs you to comment at least!!!! It will only
take 10 minutes of your time. If you have the time to look at this
newsgroup, then you SURE have time to respond. Get your hand out of your
pant and take action. PROTECT YOUR FREEDOM OF FLYING by clicking on link to
AOPA's ADIZ Alert below:
http://www.aopa.org/adizalert/

Once you complete this, spread the words to other pilots! AOPA challenges
you.

you are, as Governor Schwarzenegger once said, "girly men" if you can't take
this challenge.

Toks Desalu
PP-ASEL
"Dyin' to Soar!"

Old October 18th 05, 12:13 AM
sfb

You do understand that by Federal law, this is not a plebiscite. When
proposing a rule, an agency is only required to consider new or
different ideas that they may have overlooked. One idea suggested a
gazillion times is still but one idea.

"Toks Desalu" wrote in message
The message below was taken from AOPA website:
----------
Protect your freedom to fly by commenting on the ADIZ today. On
Wednesday
one AOPA member put up this challenge to his fellow pilots: "Let's
see...we've got 400,000 AOPA members, 650,000 certificated
pilots...and just
folks...get

Old October 18th 05, 12:25 AM
Vaughn

"sfb" wrote in message news:LeW4f.10652$l_2.3944@trnddc02...
You do understand that by Federal law, this is not a plebiscite. When
proposing a rule, an agency is only required to consider new or different
ideas that they may have overlooked. One idea suggested a gazillion times is
still but one idea.

Technically true; but administrative government and politics are
inseparable, even though the bureaucracy loves to pretend that it is not so.
In politics, numbers matter. Bureaucrats work for politicians, politicians work
for us (or at least depend on us for votes).

Vaughn Simon MPA

Old October 18th 05, 12:48 AM
Cecil Chapman

Did it AND wrote to my senator and rep..

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman
CP-ASEL-IA

Student - C.F.I.

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old October 18th 05, 04:23 AM
Gene Whitt

I went to the AOPA site and tried for forty minutes to follow the
directions and finally gave up. I did find a place where I could
make a response to AOPA about how they made the method of
response so difficult and complex that were it flight instruction,
no one would ever learn to fly.

Gene Whitt

Old October 18th 05, 05:30 AM
N93332

"Gene Whitt" wrote in message
nk.net...
I went to the AOPA site and tried for forty minutes to follow the
directions and finally gave up. I did find a place where I could
make a response to AOPA about how they made the method of
response so difficult and complex that were it flight instruction,
no one would ever learn to fly.

I agree. I think I figured out how to leave a message about the ADIZ on the
http://dms.dot.gov/submit/ site. My last comment I left was asking if anyone
actually reads all of these messages.

Or are they just going for a number of messages?

-Greg B.

Old October 18th 05, 08:54 AM
Jay Beckman

"N93332" wrote in message
"Gene Whitt" wrote in message
nk.net...
I went to the AOPA site and tried for forty minutes to follow the
directions and finally gave up. I did find a place where I could
make a response to AOPA about how they made the method of
response so difficult and complex that were it flight instruction,
no one would ever learn to fly.

I agree. I think I figured out how to leave a message about the ADIZ on
the http://dms.dot.gov/submit/ site. My last comment I left was asking if
anyone actually reads all of these messages.

Or are they just going for a number of messages?

-Greg B.

Don't recall offhand if it was K Marx or V Lennin who, when asked why the
Soviet Military had tens of thousands of obsolete weapons in storage,
remarked:

"Because quantity has a quality of it's own..."

I think that if the powers that be see a significant volume of comments
opposing the proposed rule, they're gonna probably (I hope) notice.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
AZ Cloudbusters
Chandler, AZ

Old October 18th 05, 01:04 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Beckman" wrote:

Don't recall offhand if it was K Marx or V Lennin who, when asked why
the Soviet Military had tens of thousands of obsolete weapons in
storage, remarked:

"Because quantity has a quality of it's own..."

Stalin said that in WWII. Karl Marx was dead long before there was a
Soviet Union.

I think that if the powers that be see a significant volume of
comments opposing the proposed rule, they're gonna probably (I hope)
notice.

Maybe. The bureaucrats have become so timid after 9/11, though, that I
doubt they'll take even the slightest risk, real or perceived, WRT
protecting Washington against an attack.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old October 18th 05, 02:15 PM
Jay Honeck

Maybe. The bureaucrats have become so timid after 9/11, though, that I
doubt they'll take even the slightest risk, real or perceived, WRT
protecting Washington against an attack.

That's funny -- I was just thinking how the danged bureaucrats had become so
*bold* since 9/11.

It's the populace that has become timid, in the face of the bloody
bureaucrats, in virtually all aspects of public life.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA