EMERGENCY AIR PUMPS

Old January 30th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default EMERGENCY AIR PUMPS

Does anyone have any experience or can make a recommendation for a
portable air pump ? This would be to add some air to a main tire
without having to go back to the shack for a "real" heavy-duty
compressor.

Cheers, Charles

Old January 30th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I use a large capacity bicycle pump, I leave in my car.
More expensive but it work.
S6

Old January 30th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I believe there is an article in the recent Soaring magazine about
building one. But Wal-mart ( good 'ole walmart) or Home depot sells
fully portable units that hold a half dozen gal. or so at 100 plus
pressure at a very resonable price. Hope that helps.
Craig

Old January 30th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Try Campbell/Hausfield model #CC020300AV. I have a very similar model
for my sailplane and very general home use. Rechargable and can be used
as a power source if needed. I hope this helps.

lj

Old January 30th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My Favorite is my air tank. It will fill a few tires, doesn't need to be
plugged in
and can be carried anywhere as easily as a compressor/pump. You can also
fill
it up at a gas station or anywhere else with an air hose. Oh Yeah, they are
dirt cheap
at harbor freight if you don't already have one.

item #41712 5 gallon air tank

Have a great day

Scott

Old January 30th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On 29 Jan 2006 20:29:18 -0800, wrote:

Try Campbell/Hausfield model #CC020300AV. I have a very similar model
for my sailplane and very general home use. Rechargable and can be used
as a power source if needed. I hope this helps.

lj

I concur. I have the same model, and it works very well. Cheap, too!
Old January 30th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I second the good bike pump. You never have to remember to fill it
back up and it takes less space than a tank. The good quality ones
from a bike shop, not from a discount store, work very well.

Tim

Hurricane relief Dave Stadt Piloting 94 September 8th 05 07:02 PM
Hurricane relief Gary Drescher Instrument Flight Rules 51 September 8th 05 03:33 AM
Military jet makes emergency landing at MidAmerica Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 1st 03 02:28 AM
First Emergency (Long Post) [email protected] Owning 14 July 23rd 03 02:46 AM