There is NO malware in this zip file - On Topic post of a differenttype - File 1 of 1 - AmericasSpirit.zip (1/2)

Old October 22nd 08, 12:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gary R. Schmidt

Default There is NO malware in this zip file - On Topic post of a differenttype - File 1 of 1 - AmericasSpirit.zip (1/2)

Well, I uudecode'd it on a UNIX system, extracted the executable,
scanned it for viri, and no alarums were raised.

So, I ran it.

It's a jigsaw, a jingoistic jigsaw of a B-1B in front of an American flag.

Ho-bloody-hum.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

whether you were up them with or not
- Barry Humphries
Old October 22nd 08, 01:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

"Gary R. Schmidt" rudely blurted out news:0vg3t5-gh8.ln1
@paranoia.mcleod-schmidt.id.au:

Well, I uudecode'd it on a UNIX system, extracted the executable,
scanned it for viri, and no alarums were raised.

So, I ran it.

It's a jigsaw, a jingoistic jigsaw of a B-1B in front of an American flag.

Ho-bloody-hum.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

Jingo-istic?

Now *there* is another "global" bammy supporter.

Gallipoli!!

-------------

Here's *my* funny sig from an ABPA thread on 08/16/08:
Alan Erskine says... "I've got an IQ of 151"
"I'm in the 99th percentile for my age group - that's the top 1 percent"
(nice math there, Einstein!) "I doubt very strongly that you know
anyone in my range of IQ" (Thankfully, NO!)
Lee discussing newsserver retention:
"...I can go back about 6 months..."
Alan Erskine interrupts with:
"Why should we wait for six months to download an image
that was posted yesterday?"
Old October 22nd 08, 03:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gary R. Schmidt

Lee wrote:
"Gary R. Schmidt" rudely blurted out news:0vg3t5-gh8.ln1
@paranoia.mcleod-schmidt.id.au:

Well, I uudecode'd it on a UNIX system, extracted the executable,
scanned it for viri, and no alarums were raised.

So, I ran it.

It's a jigsaw, a jingoistic jigsaw of a B-1B in front of an American flag.

Ho-bloody-hum.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

Jingo-istic?

Now *there* is another "global" bammy supporter.

Gallipoli!!

I presume you are attempting to use the word "Gallipoli" to indicate
that Aussies are "jingoistic" in their attitude toward it?

Well, you are wrong.

Here's a simple test - let us take the two items in question, the
American Flag, and some dirt from the Gallipoli Peninsula (because the
peninsula is a bit large to carry around). Oh, let's make it just from
Anzac Cove, still too big to carry around itself, but a bit smaller than
the peninsula.

I spit upon the flag and I am excoriated and reviled and various threats
are made to my life and family and descendants and employment and so on
(and on and on and on...). Now, if I had spat upon the *grave* of a
soldier...

You spit upon the dirt ... and nothing happens. Well, someone might
offer you a tissue. Of course, had you spat upon the grave of an Anzac...

Bit of a difference there, sunshine!

The *idea* of Gallipoli is important, not Gallipoli in and of itself.
Just as important are Ypres, the submarine that is in the Dardanelles,
the wreck of HMAS Sydney, the Kokoda Track, and so on. We wish to
preserve them, of course, but only the few jingoistic types that are
around react blindly. (FWIW - our ex-soldiers group is called the
"Returned Serviceman's League" known as the RSL, I once asked my
(maternal) uncle, Dick Shot Off and mentioned in dispatches and all that
during WWII, why he wasn't a member, and he said, "Say the abbreviation
as if it was a word." "Arsehole - Oh, now I see.")

I've always wondered why Americans have armed troops stationed within or
near all their major cities. I understand why coastal cities and border
regions may require troop concentrations, but why do places smack bang
in the middle of nowhere need armed troops.

Is the country *that* close to the mob deciding to revolt? Tut, tut.

And you think that shoving the flag into peoples faces at any and all
opportunities *isn't* jingoistic?

Old October 23rd 08, 04:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 22:55:43 +1100, "Gary R. Schmidt"
wrote:

Well, I uudecode'd it on a UNIX system, extracted the executable,
scanned it for viri, and no alarums were raised.

So, I ran it.

It's a jigsaw, a jingoistic jigsaw of a B-1B in front of an American flag.

Ho-bloody-hum.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

Well, if anybody else has enough cash burning a hole in their national
pocket - there are a few B-1s sitting around in the desert they could
buy and park in front of ~their~ national flag... =)