King KMA 20 TSO Audio Input

Old November 14th 04, 01:08 AM
tony roberts

Default King KMA 20 TSO Audio Input

Continuing the ongoing saga of my avionics repairs, I took my plane away
from the shop - they broke my ADF and I have now bought a King KR 86 ADF
which someone else is installing. Right now we are stalled though as he
doesn't have a schematic for my King KMA 20 TSO audio panel and we need
either a schematic, or alternatively we need to know which pin in the
back of the unit is the audio input pin.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Tony
C-GICE

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old November 14th 04, 01:56 AM
Ken Reynolds

Tony

http://www.aeroelectric.com/Installation_Data

has a whole bunch of pinouts, may be a help
Ken Reynolds

Old November 15th 04, 04:13 PM
Corky Scott

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:08:36 GMT, tony roberts
wrote:

Continuing the ongoing saga of my avionics repairs, I took my plane away
from the shop - they broke my ADF and I have now bought a King KR 86 ADF
which someone else is installing. Right now we are stalled though as he
doesn't have a schematic for my King KMA 20 TSO audio panel and we need
either a schematic, or alternatively we need to know which pin in the
back of the unit is the audio input pin.

Just curious Tony, but what do you need an ADF for, doesn't the GPS
give you the information you need?

Thanks, Corky
Old November 15th 04, 05:19 PM
NW_PILOT

I know I am thinking of pulling my ADF out and install a GPS I have only
turned my adf on a few times most the time it is off.

Old November 15th 04, 05:25 PM
Rich S.

"Corky Scott" wrote in message

Just curious Tony, but what do you need an ADF for, doesn't the GPS
give you the information you need?

Can't listen to Rush Limbaugh without the GPS. . .

Rich S.

Old November 15th 04, 05:26 PM
Rich S.

"Rich S." wrote in message

Can't listen to Rush Limbaugh without the GPS. . .

Oops - supposed to be "with". Probably should have been "using".

Rich S.

Old November 15th 04, 11:48 PM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

How else are you going to listen to the ball game?

Old November 16th 04, 04:25 AM
tony roberts

In article ,
Corky Scott wrote:

Just curious Tony, but what do you need an ADF for, doesn't the GPS
give you the information you need?

Hi Corky

It's for my IFR training

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old November 20th 04, 02:29 AM
Al Gilson

Correct me if I'm wrong, Tony-but aren't ADF's still required in Canada for IFR?

In article nospam-B845A4.19250015112004@shawnews, tony roberts
wrote:

In article ,
Corky Scott wrote:

Just curious Tony, but what do you need an ADF for, doesn't the GPS
give you the information you need?

Hi Corky

It's for my IFR training

Tony

--
Al Gilson
Spokane, WA USA
1970 VW Convertible
1964 Cessna Skyhawk

King KX-170B (WTB) Jim Weir Home Built 5 September 9th 04 01:38 AM
Aux. Audio Input Eugene Wendland Home Built 1 April 5th 04 04:16 AM
Need connector for King KI-206 DanD Home Built 2 January 14th 04 12:50 AM
WTB: King KNS-80 Service Manual DanD Home Built 0 January 9th 04 11:24 PM
KOSH Stream Audio or Vid? Flightdeck Home Built 0 July 28th 03 01:38 PM