Pacer Systems Mk II Delta IFR trainer

Old July 11th 04, 12:52 AM
M Bedoian

Default Pacer Systems Mk II Delta IFR trainer

Does anyone know what the worth of the following might be:

1976 Pacer Systems Mk II Delta IFR trainer

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martin
Old July 13th 04, 06:45 AM

Not very much.

Is this the one with the cassette tape method of downloading data?

Methinks you'd be better with *any* current PC-based sim, some decent
avionics hardware (e.g. GoFlight) for radio/heading bug/OBS control,
and a good yoke or joystick - if IFR practice is what you're after.

I see this kind of stuff come up on EBay all the time and most of it is,
IMO, junk. For one thing, none of it can model modern systems such as
GPS.

Just my .02 of course.

Dave Blevins

Old July 14th 04, 04:40 AM

A Wild A**ed Guess says, uh, oh, um, let's say $100-300 tops, on a good
day.

A possible aid in this sort of thing is EBay. Go check the current AND
completed auctions. I believe I've seen a couple of these things go by
in the last few months.

I just did a Google search for "pacer ifr simulator" and some similar
keywords and came up with zilch (but lots of Tri-Pacer airplane links).
So I believe that the resale value is pretty low.

IFR simulator technology has come a looooong way since 1976. An analogy
that comes to mind is an old crank-style radio with the Boobie Bells
(saw this on an antique site recently - it's not my terminology!) from
the early 20th century as compared to a cellular telephone running
PalmOS.

You get the idea 8^) .

Good luck,

dB.

On 13 Jul 2004 14:02:55 -0700, (M Bedoian) wrote:

Dave

Thanks for the answer...not thinking of buying one...I'm actually
trying to find the value for the probate court, it is part of a
recently deceased relative's estate. Any dollar figure might be
helpful.

Thanks again

Martin

Old July 15th 04, 08:18 AM
M Bedoian

Dave

Thanks again! I found ONE auction on EBay, and believe it or not, it
went for $1080! Go figger.

Thanks

M-

Int. Conf. on Systems Engineering'05 - August 16-18, 2005 avinash Naval Aviation 0 January 29th 05 10:13 PM
Delta Pilots End Era of Luxurious Pay Peter MacPherson Piloting 42 November 18th 04 05:46 AM
Pacer Systems Mk II M Bedoian Piloting 1 July 13th 04 11:43 AM
CH Product Yoke with IP Trainer 6.5 Sanjay Kumar Instrument Flight Rules 2 October 10th 03 07:47 AM